When gimbal is looking down, picture turns upside down (flips 180°)

Reaction score
I took my drone out yesterday for the first flight after the firmware update and when I was pointing the camera down it would suddenly flip 180°, inverting the view (upside down). Destroys your video recording...

Has anyone experienced the same?

I took my drone out yesterday for the first flight after the firmware update and when I was pointing the camera down it would suddenly flip 180°, inverting the view (upside down). Destroys your video recording...

There has been chatter about it and a mention that DJI is aware of the bug.
I saw that in the thread below and have no personal experience with the issue.
Just passing on the link:

issue with image/video flipping

Last edited:
Reactions: droningandmore
Just updated my firmware after holding off for months (was interested in the pano option). Immediately noticed this - ridiculously frustrating. I was shooting photos rather than video but still makes compositions very difficult and flying harder when you literally don't know which way is straight.

I updated my firmware last night while running a calibration on my vision sensors. This morning I encountered the same thing, the image would flip, and I'd have to return the gimbal to horizontal to get it to correct itself. Very frustrating to say the least.

I have experienced this as well. The image flips therefore your inputs on the sticks flip in relation to the image on the screen. VERY DISORIENTING! this is a good way to fly your drone away from you and think it is getting closer! Okay, so just move gimbal up to "unflip" but still frustrating and time consuming taking up precious flight time. Anyone who has found a fix, please post.

Me too... Trying to get a center for a POI orbit today and it just kept flipping back and forth.

I thought they would have fixed by now...

Recommend that you downgrade to the previous firmware (Probably v1.04.0602), [P4P+] Had same problem, and many suggested to downgrade following a multitude of reported problems with the current firmware.

I downgraded yesterday, and felt more comfortable after a successful test flight.

has this issue been fixed yet? I am having the same problem when performing 3d mapping missions, my images are rotated 180° at times!

Has been happening for weeks for me. From one thread it was suppose to be fixed. But, it isn't. I am surprise more people haven't had this problem. It really screws you up when it flips. At a new landing spot I always point the camera down to check it out. I really don't know what the hell is going on. Could it be just the ones of us who installed the HDMI module?

Was there an update for the camera pointing straight down then flipping up?

And here it fixed the update: P4P+ new firmware update 01.05.0600

Last edited:
I’ve been running a beta for a couple months that fixed this. I’m pretty sure the new firmware released in the last couple weeks fixes this.

It happened to me. Seemed to happen while I was making adjustments for new camera angle. Controls were fine just everything upside down. When I inspected video it played upside down as well. Would have been real scary if I had not already saw this thread before.

Latest FW has corrected this existing issue on my P4P. In the event you do not want to update, you can simply use C1 to rapidly correct this issue when it arises in the air (toggle gimbal-down/up).

Latest FW has corrected this existing issue on my P4P. In the event you do not want to update, you can simply use C1 to rapidly correct this issue when it arises in the air (toggle gimbal-down/up).
What version are you running? Just turned the drone on and there was an update: 1.05.0300
This was very strange. According to a search, that update came out end of December. I have been told I was up tpdate every time I turned on the drones. I have two P4P's. Haven't turned on the second one to see what happens.

Overview:
  • Date : 2017.12.25
  • Aircraft Firmware : V 01.05.0300
  • Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.2.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.1.20
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : V 4.1.18

What’s New?
  • Added Pano shooting modes (with DJI GO 4 v4.1.20 or higher).
  • Optimized GEO Zone Management.
  • Fixed a rare issue where progress could stall during gimbal auto calibration.

I have experienced this malfunction several times. It is very disorienting, and the control stick to video relation is also reversed, resulting in the drone going in the opposite direction from what you intended. I had to land and reboot the drone. The latest firmware seems to have fixed the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl