Whats your Range on your P3P ?

ScreenShot006.jpg Ok, After the Channel Mod, set it on 28 which was clean took the bird up and went to over 4000' the other day with plenty of more to go Full Signal on Light Bridge & Controller. Plus I was over alot of trees during the flight.. Next week Ill try it on the beach over the ocean..

I got 1400 ft. That's 2.65 miles. All stock. Could have gone farther but I was afraid of the battery life. Not sure how I did it, maybe the area I was in. I can't get that distance in populated areas.

I got 2 to 2.5 km all stock. Then with my ugly aluminum ears maxed out at 5km one way, had great connection, but battery come home warning came.

Ed209... #35. I too took off next to a big steel bridge with my first P3P.... Went into big crazy loops, would not respond to RC nor RTH, and flew away.... Be careful.

1.5 miles. FPVLR booster. I can go further but have to fly over populated area and turn back.

Using windsurfer (3D printed) I get no more then 1100m and H:170m, I do however lose the rc signal but fpv seems to be stronger and has more bars (meaning rc signal 2 bars and fpv signal maxed)...saw the ones on the link below and will get them and see if there better then the ones I already have.

eBay

I do also however have DBS installed on another rc and have not fully tested it apart from doing 1500m and chickening out

I was able to get about 3.2 miles stock. Since, I have upgraded to Horizon FPV and am well over 5+ miles now. Going for 7 miles with the new array I posted here
IMG_20150905_133636291.jpg

Reactions: Chris P Duck
I made the cheap antenna sail device and it worked like a charm. I went way past the point I would normally lose connection, turned around because high winds. Also I was able to go 10 feet off the ground past a park and tons of trees and still had strong signal, I couldn't get 100 feet off the ground previously before losing signal.

Took 10 minutes to make, I used a paper towel tube cut down. Razor knife to cut two slits top and bottom. Cardboard paper (was junk mail) and glued the tin foil to the paper.Duct tape to hold the reflective sail to the paper towel tube.

20150905_181027_resized.jpg

20150905_181037_resized.jpg

Reactions: david wettlaufer

I was able to get about 3.2 miles stock. Since, I have upgraded to Horizon FPV and am well over 5+ miles now. Going for 7 miles with the new array I posted hereView attachment 29743

Joe, That's a great looking antenna array !

Could you give us some more details.

Are you planning a 7 mile one way flight, or out-and-return ?

TIA.

:harry

I got 15,200 feet distance away from me with clear FPV almost to the end. Stock P3P unmodified. Flew it away full speed at around 30 mph at about 50 feet height near the Jones Beach shore on Long Island, NY. It decided I had passed the battery half way point and started a return to home at 100 feet height and about 21 mph return speed. It safely landed at home point with about 30% battery remaining. I was filming 1080p/60 video the entire time. Next time I will try no video to see if I can get further distance.

What is the power mod? I assume extra batteries? How many what capacity where fitted?
2 1600mahs externally right now. I shaved off some of the plastic inside the shell too taking some weight off. Landed with about 33% battery, so plenty left in the tank!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj