Whats your Range on your P3P ?

... when you where going away the wind was in front of ur cam so, the drone gonna puch hard to fight the wind to move forward so, it will lean to the front and u will see the props .. contrary the wind was from the back and it will puch the drone toward it's destination not too much friction so, the movement of the drone is very easy toward home point therefore not too much lean forward , result u will not see the props

This was from today, furthest I've gone - still full rc & video feed bars, just need bigger gonads. Out into a head wind max speed 8/ms (18mph) back was 16/ms (35mph)

On the way out into headView attachment 31882 wind you can see the arms/props of the p3 in the video - on the return at twice the speed you can't see them.

Someone please explain:)
... when you where going away the wind was in front of ur cam so, the drone gonna puch hard to fight the wind to move forward so, it will lean to the front and u will see the props .. contrary the wind was from the back and it will puch the drone toward it's destination not too much friction so, the movement of the drone is very easy toward home point therefore not too much leaning forward , result u will not see the props

At 120m up and supposedly clear line of sight, would house and trees be a factor? I've only flown from in front of my house which faces a large church parking lot and never got more than 1000m before getting RC signal loss and as high as 1,4km with the plastic antenna booster. Today I tried from a very large park, 3-4 football field long with residential at the end and got to 1.8km but the weird part is both video and RC signal loss came at the same time. At that distance I'm probably not aligning the antenna correctly but it's weird that both video rc went at the same time. Any thoughts?

I'm using an iPad 2 also. So you're saying we cannot use the 1.4 FW until they fix it? I'm not using GS anyway so it wouldn't matter I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

Do you use a Apple product? Because there having issues with the new update and dji app. I use a iPad 2 and just updated a few days ago...after I had the same issue both would just go out for almost a min Then return. others are having same issue...This is a apple os issue for me so I went back to the previous os.
I just checked around and it's the IOS 9 you are referring to. I'm still on 8.4.1 so there must be another reason for the sudden blackout.

I get solid 12,6 km / 44,000 ft with Stock RC. Only limited by battery.
IMG_0300 copy.PNG

The best I have done is 8.5 miles out and back , but I updated my drone since then its not possible to break 35 mph in PGPS mode. Even with a tailwind.
IMG_0044.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0044.PNG
    IMG_0044.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0044.PNG
    IMG_0044.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 397
Reactions: phantom13flyer
The best I have done is 8.5 miles out and back , but I updated my drone since then its not possible to break 35 mph in PGPS mode. Even with a tailwind.View attachment 37017
That's insane. How did you have enough battery to get that far? Fly one way? I got 3 miles out (my P3 is bone stock) and worried about making it home.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 373
Yes, direct LOS since I was at an elevated point (reservoir).
I've seen a little over 12,000', but that was at the beach, standing in the higher sand, and a little out over the ocean. Very unobstructed and interference free environment.

300', in areas with lots of housing developments, over which you shouldn't be doing this anyway, I was dying at 3,000'. I'm thinking interference. Every house probably had wifi.

Remember, LOS is everything. Yesterday from my place to a nearby river about 1 mile away, I couldn't make it at 400'. The tangent of the angle to the bird would be 400/5280, which gives an angle of about 4 degrees. Very shallow. And the elevation is enen a little lower at the river. With my neighbors house and trees, I figured I wouldn't be LOS at that distance. Shame on me but I jacked my altitude up and 200' higher, I could get to the river and beyond. I had just come up to an altitude that gave me LOS.

I was also experimenting with antenna positioning. I was using the radar display for orientation (Although with my eagle eyes, I could slightly see it without glasses or contacts. LOL)

For some reason 5 degrees or so off directly poimting to the nird raised my signal (RC was the limiting factor), and changing the antenna orientation to bring the antennas more vertical got me from 2 bars back to 5. The plane formed by the antennas needs to be perpendicular to the craft.

So for max range LOS is everything, with LOS meaning it could be viewed (nothing in between), and your antennas must be spread apart with the flat party pointing out, and oriented so the flat sides are pointing at your bird, and vertically so they point upward at a 90 degree angle to the craft.

LOS is a huge factor, and what is obstructing your LOS is big too. I was only 2,500' away, and a drop of 50', from 200' to 150' turned my signals off like a switch. I'm thinking I dropped my LOS through a long concrete building. Especially with rebar. I executed its loss of signal return to home, and I control back in 30 seconds.

Sorry, ridiculously long winded, but unobstructed LOS, and correct antenna orientation (experimenting a little with it), and an interference free environment (unless severe the first two dominate at close range), can kick the range from 1,000' to 10,000'. That much if you get a nearby building out of the way.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
2.2 MILES STOCK ANT TURNED AROUND TO MAKE SURE I HAD ENOUGH BAT TO GET BACK ORLANDO FL NEAR MILLENIA MALL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj