Whats your Range on your P3P ?

I'm getting the same - 2200ft - not LOS though since the bird was at 250ft, and I live in a densely populated and flat city. I might try climbing higher next time ...see if that helps.

Wow guys I must be missing something with my setup. I am loosing video and RC at about 900m . Farthest i got so far was about 1.2 kms. I am in an area with lots of trees but still should I be getting farther?? Should I be flying higher to get better signal?

If you have trees between you and the bird, your reception distance will be cut drastically.

Reactions: Steve Shead
I recently added one of these antenna reflectors; however I don't have data to prove it but it does seem to give me more range before getting weak signal around trees. The product is very well made.
Dynamic 3D Solutions

If you have access to a 3d printer, like most libraries, you can print it yourself for next to nothing! BUT, it makes the transmitter VERY directional! It helps, but proper pointing is critical at distance!

I've done 3.5km to a friends house in suburbia with trees and houses in the way and was able to drop down to 28m above her house before fpv broke up

10,000 feet was pretty common at 400' LOS with stock antennas. After adding DBS panel its pretty easy to go double and battery becomes limiting factor. Keeping antennas at 90 degrees to aircraft is important.

2 miles on stock at 400'. Could have probably gone further. One of these days am going to test how far I can get until I hit 65% battery remaining or lose connectivity. I figure that gives me a good amount of battery to return with.

91.44 meters LOS Only.
most times half that is all I need.

4.7 km over a valley yesterday. Had to rise up to get over the hill on the far side. Only turned back because of battery. Could have gone further but played it safe. Stock antennas, no reflector.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440983086.000757.jpg

Then I went looking for an old plane crash, and was losing signal behind a hill at about 1.9 km. every time I tried to go lower and closer I lost video. Gonna have to print a reflector and go back.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440983306.087574.jpg

Reactions: MADrone
I went out over the ocean tonight and was just about 2 miles with full LOS at 200'. I turned around and then hit RTH to show someone with me how it worked. I actually lost video and RC signal on the way back for about 10 seconds probably because the RTH path put a small part of a building in my LOS. I would have tested it further but there was a 10 + mph south wind I had to fly into on the way home and was concerned about my battery level.

So far 2.37mi over water and 2.11mi over land. Stock setup.
Here's my latest from today:

I'm seeing the common factor here is LOS - I won't get that here unless I go up in the hills, or top of a building somewhere. Seriously thinking about doing the DBS Mod.

It's no secret LOS = greater range.
Yeah - I'm getting that - I have max height set to 400ft - time to up that and try again me thinks. Thanks for the input.

Hey guys, I went out flying today I was getting aprox 2100' out before I was getting some weak signal on the camera, the controller signal was full strength.. Is this a normal range ? What are you guys getting.. Thanks!

How far you fly will vary DRASTICALLY depending on the area you fly, how much RF interference is next to you and interference your Phantom flys though. Also flying too low or letting things blocking clean line of site will also reduce range.

With that said at a local NYC park I flew one and quarter mile out using my home made windsurfer and still had full signal at that distance.

Additional info, I have he full 32 channels available on my DJI Go app and used a clean channel for the flight as opposed to one of the noisy 13-20 channels. And my altitude was between 300 and 400 feet high.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4