What's the p4p controller with display like?

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a p4p and see that some appear to come with a controller with a display already in place.
What screen size is this display and how does it handle issues like lag.
I have read many post about lagging and fly with an iPad Air 2 and I think I occasionally have a split second of lag.
If I get the p4p can i still chose to fly with my iPad.
What's the operating system of this p4p display more similar to iOS or
Android

Don't rush and do your homework.
Some users are very happy with their P4 pro+ but it won't allow you to install 3rd party apps which is a disappointment for other users.
You can learn more about it here: Phantom 4 Pro - Professional aerial filmmaking made easy

You can use your iPad with the P4 pro but not with the P4 pro+ which uses Android.

i like my plus but i dont ghink it has any zoom and i ghink some do. Im afraid we are gona have too much computer and button pushing trouble on any dji but when they sre working they are great.
if you havent flown, id advise a $100.00 drone to learn on.

I really like my Pro Plus or + (that's the one with the integrated display.). The screen is very bright, even in direct sun. But if you like to mess around with third party apps and such, the restrictions may not be worth it. I've been very happy!

I had one and loved it. I have moved on to the Inspire 2 but have ordered a crystal sky for it.
Get rid of all of the hoods! No longer needed!!
20170604_114105.jpg

90^ of the time the + controller screen is awesome. In direct sunlight it's visible, and workable, and still brighter than an AMOLED display like on my Samsung Galaxy S8+

Here's a good review of the P4P+ remote controller:

Reactions: Danno12345
The P4P+ remote controller is great unless you want to use the waypoint/mission function. It is close to worthless for that type of use such as repeated flights of the same pathway with repeated pictures pictures at various points. Hopefully, one day DJI will incorporate their DJI GS Pro app into the dedicated screen of the P4P+.

Aside from the fact that I can't use 3rd party apps, I'm very happy with mine. And, it's true, bright sun has no dimming effect on the display - it's beautiful!

The sun does affect my plus screen but not as much as it does my iphone. It is useable in the sun but if there is shade near, I try to use it.
I like my p4p+ screen, I wouldn't trade it for lichi

I have the P4 Advanced Plus with the built in screen. I was used to a 7" tablet with my P4 so the little 5" screen looks tiny. I want to use LItchi and Drone Deploy for mapping, but can't do that with the Plus controller. Bright is nice, but it has disadvantages.

A BIG disadvantage is that the built in display has only WiFi for connectivity, and I'm always finding myself in some remote location and unable to fly because the Go 4 login has expired and I" required to sign in to use the app, but that requires a data connection, and there ain't any, so I have to drive back to town or home to use WiFi to log it in. I don't know how long the login lasts, but seems to be several days to a week, maybe. But it's often 10 days since I last flew, and then can't because I can't login. My cell phone doesn't allow using it for a WiFi hotspot.

So I need to buy a standard remote controller for the P4A so I can at least login via cell data connection. Does anyone know the correct remote controller model number for the Phantom 4 Advanced? I've been told it's the GL300C, but not sure. I know the remote for the P4A is NOT the same as for the original P4 NOR for the P4Pro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl