What was I thinking

Reaction score
Just upgraded to iOS 11 and new dji go. Bad idea. Trashed the ad card and constantly crashing the iPad. Says cpu overloaded. Previously I use to put it into airplane mode and was fine. Just hitting record locks up the app then crashes. Terrible upgrade.

There have been a number similar posts regarding both iOS 11.2 and the new app update taxing your device to the point of receiving the CPU warning and choppy video feed. In my case, I deleted about 5GB of junk, cleared the video cache and turned it off and had to reset my channel and transmission rate settings for it to behave as before.

Reactions: Meta4
I future proof my choice of screen by selecting ipad with 4gb of ram similar to crystal sky. RAM is where apps store data needed instead of main storage for speed of access.

I've been using an older iPad mini 2 with 16GB. With all this crashing of DJI go 4 I deleted a number of things to get down to 6gb available. I turned off video caching, set transmission to 4mbps. Press a few buttons and the go 4 app eventually crashes. Try taking multiple pictures, eventually crashes. I don't know how or why DJI put this software out. Unbelievable.

Upgrading to iOS 11 seems to be the issue. Seems to works with the iPhone 10.3.3. Bottomline, maybe mentioned elsewhere, don't upgrade to iOS 11 with this new DJI go 4 app.

I’m currently running out of date firmware and software for this reason...mine is fine, lots of bogus error message limiting distance and ceiling, but I took her out to the desert and flew her way past the error message limitation...I was screwing around and if my memory serves me properly I was very near 1600 ft AGL...Only reason I stopped...I just couldn’t see her anymore, I could see the cam feed, but no sense of motion coming from the camera at that altitude...looked like a still photo, but it wasn’t. I physically couldn’t hear or see her, so the random thought haunted me...is she really there?
Point of clarification, I am running IOS 11.2 or higher...it’s my GO4 app , and drone/controller firmware that are obsolete.

I have a p4p and was flying it with the ipad air. Downloaded the dji go 4 on it and it flew fine. Then iOS 11 came out and I downloaded it and couldn’t fly my drone anymore. I was really pissed. Went out and bought a 2017 ipad with 128g. Downloaded the dji go 4 app on it and it’s now flying fine. Just took it out and tried the rth feature never used it before. I have a thick rubber black mat I fly off of. Took it out of sight 3 times hit the rth button and it landed within an inch from its takeoff point. I couldn’t believe it was that accurate! Had 16 satellites connected the screen said

Reactions: Slickvolt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl