DJI GO iOS version 3.1.22 - requires quiz before flying?

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots:

I've got a P3A running the following:

• iPad Mini 2 w/iOS 11.0.3 (15A432)
  • App: Version 3.1.22
  • Aircraft: Version 1.5.30+
  • Remote Controller: Version 1.8.0
  • Basic App Fly Safe Database: Version 01.00.01.05
I recently upgraded from iOS 10 to 11, and when I did that, it appears to have upgraded DJI GO to the latest version (I really did not want to do that). I'm in the mindset that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. The old version of DJI GO worked great on my iPad MIni 2. The latest combo of iOS 11 and DJI GO works mostly, but has some things that make me wish I could "go back" to the way it was.

1. When I turned on the aircraft, RC, and ran the DJI GO app, I was greeted with a "quiz" I had to pass, with a message saying that it would let me skip the quiz three times before not allowing the aircraft to fly. I should have done a screen save, but didn't think of that until later. So I went ahead and took the test. I think it was 10 questions. They answers were all fairly obvious. The only issue I had was the software was not very responsive. One of the questions asked about where I "could not fly." One of the answers was something like "within 5 miles of Washington DC airport", and I chose that answer, but it did not respond at all, almost like it didn't get my key press. So I chose a different (wrong) answer, and it turned red. I chose the original correct answer, and then it finally "took" it. So I'm not impressed with the test at all. I hope it is "registered" now, and only a one-time thing.
  2. I was flying the aircraft the other day, and did a "dronie" move (where you fly full-power backwards and full up elevator (or up aircraft)), and a second or so later, I got a "MOTOR OVERLOADED" message on the screen that I have never seen before. Is this a new software bug, or am I looking at a possible problem with one of my motors? I flew it yesterday with no problems, but I did not do the dronie move. The motors all seem to spin freely.
  3. The other problem I've been having with this version (never had it before this version), is the way the aircraft decides to return to home. I'll be flying just fine, and if a tree gets in the way of my view of the aircraft, even though it is only a few hundred feet away, I get an "Aircraft Disconnected" message, the feed from the camera goes blank, and it says "Return to home." In the past, the video strength reading would start to go down, the video would start breaking up, and I knew I could solve this typically by increasing my altitude a little, and head back home. But now, there is no warning, I have a full-strength reading on both telemetry and video, then "Aircraft disconnected." It always reconnects on the way back home, but I'd prefer a better warning that the signal is getting weak. I never had this problem until the latest DJI GO upgrade. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Thanks for reading.

Look like these Jim . :)
IMG_0157.PNG IMG_0158.PNG IMG_0159.PNG IMG_0160.PNG IMG_0161.PNG IMG_0162.PNG IMG_0163.PNG IMG_0164.PNG IMG_0165.PNG

Reactions: jimlips

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20