What video editing software are you using?

Reaction score
I'm exploring software options for video editing. I'm windows based, but please don't that limit your answer.

Is there any software that was so horrific that you would never use it again?

Primarily I use movie maker as it is the simplest to use. Also use Adobe after effects with it's outstanding capabilities. I have Premiere Pro, but usually stick to after effects.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I am interested in the answers so I will follow this thread.

I am brand new to video editing, but I planned on giving DaVinci Resolve (the free version) a try first.

There's quite a few threads on this - I started one last week in the 'Photos and Video' board.

I'm in a similar situation - very experienced photographer (former pro, background in film and digital, using Adobe PS and LR for stills) looking for solutions for video. I'm a MAC user and have the iMovie app, but am also looking at DaVinci Resolve (free) or Final Cut Pro X. I haven't totally ruled out Adobe PP, but just read on a photography board Adobe has announced planned increases for the cloud subscription service sometime next month.

I use FinalCutProX and sometimes Premier.

I'm almost purely DaVinci Resolve 14 now, It has grown more and more on me. I use After Effects for my Intros.

There's quite a few threads on this - I started one last week in the 'Photos and Video' board.

I'm in a similar situation - very experienced photographer (former pro, background in film and digital, using Adobe PS and LR for stills) looking for solutions for video. I'm a MAC user and have the iMovie app, but am also looking at DaVinci Resolve (free) or Final Cut Pro X. I haven't totally ruled out Adobe PP, but just read on a photography board Adobe has announced planned increases for the cloud subscription service sometime next month.

Sorry for the dupe. Feel free to link your thread here?

My apologies. I guess I'm a little over excited about my future flying and sorting through everything I'm about to learn.

I keep this list of video editing software that's commonly recommended by members of this forum.

Primarily I use movie maker as it is the simplest to use. Also use Adobe after effects with it's outstanding capabilities. I have Premiere Pro, but usually stick to after effects.
Agreed. After Effects is an awesome program, but for some reason my 5min videos are 150-200Gb after post production in AE, definately some serious user error on my part, but great results.

Agreed. After Effects is an awesome program, but for some reason my 5min videos are 150-200Gb after post production in AE, definately some serious user error on my part, but great results.
Yes, that is it's issues. You can change formats for smaller sizes, but I always get error warnings. I've looked it up as to how to fix it, but I don't understand the solution. I just export it as a city block size into movie maker and re-export as mp4.

Yes, that is it's issues. You can change formats for smaller sizes, but I always get error warnings. I've looked it up as to how to fix it, but I don't understand the solution. I just export it as a city block size into movie maker and re-export as mp4.
Thank you for the tip! I've got a 10TB disk drive with 9TB free fortunately.

Just started using Davinci Resolve 15 Black Magic, and I like it better than Premiere Pro.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik