What video editing software are you using?

Figure'd I'd try and get an answer or two in here instead of making a similar thread.

I recently learned that I cannot use Davinci Resolve 14 or 15 (or 12) since they do not support Windows 7 which I am still on and would like to remain that way at least until EOL (2020?). So does anyone have a Windows 7 video editing program that they suggest and is also a free version? As of now I am just learning and playing around so I have no interest in a paid version, if anything I'll make a 2nd PC that runs Win10 and go back to learning DR14.

I think all that I care to do is be able to cut and splice videos together as well as attempt some basic color correcting ( i.e. white balance) unless I am missing some other big area for basic editing.

If you have an iPad Pro, you’d be shocked at how good the $20 LumaFusion app is. NLE that handles multiple 4K streams and versatile for the $.
Good support on their forum, too!

If you have an iPad Pro, you’d be shocked at how good the $20 LumaFusion app is. NLE that handles multiple 4K streams and versatile for the $.
Thank you for posting this. I'm interested in it for doing post production in the field while I'm waiting for batteries to charge, and as a must it handles 4K, as you mentioned above. Looks very professional from the App Store description.

Figure'd I'd try and get an answer or two in here instead of making a similar thread.

I recently learned that I cannot use Davinci Resolve 14 or 15 (or 12) since they do not support Windows 7 which I am still on and would like to remain that way at least until EOL (2020?). So does anyone have a Windows 7 video editing program that they suggest and is also a free version? As of now I am just learning and playing around so I have no interest in a paid version, if anything I'll make a 2nd PC that runs Win10 and go back to learning DR14.

I think all that I care to do is be able to cut and splice videos together as well as attempt some basic color correcting ( i.e. white balance) unless I am missing some other big area for basic editing.

For Windows 7, VSDC is a pretty stable and free option. (Just press "continue" button in case the program offers you to upgrade to Pro at the export)

For Windows 10, here is a list of free video editors. It really depends on your goals and experience. For just cutting and splicing, Avidemux is very easy and straightforward. But that's pretty much all it can do.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31