WHAT TO BUY RF-V16 OR TK 102 GPS TRACKER

Reaction score
Hi live in North Dakota USA and looking to buy gps tracker for my vision but i need help and advice from you guys what to buy. I think i will go with mini gps tracker rf-v16 or tk 102 ? I dont know witch one has better provider in services in North Dakota like , t Mobile ,Verizon ect ?? So please give me your opinion what you like and way (if you have one of those !! And please give me info what plan you have from your provider and how to purchase plane for tracker ? Thanks

I have the RF-V16 and like it. The first thing you have to check on is how good is the phone coverage in the area where you will fly. Not going to work with out it.

If it's only between those two, I'd suggest you go with the RF-V16. Many people on here have trouble setting up the TK102.

If you're open to other options, then check out the list of trackers here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#Trackers

msinger said:
If it's only between those two, I'd suggest you go with the RF-V16. Many people on here have trouble setting up the TK102.

If you're open to other options, then check out the list of trackers here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#Trackers
Have seen folks with that same issue with the RF-V16 so it's not just the TK's . There are many choices as msinger just pointed out and all of them are gonna have their +'s and -'s .
As far as which plan, I use AT&T as that's who I have all my services with and mine runs me $10.00 a month for unlimited use .
I Just added another card to my plan and could put in a phone if needed .

Thanks all for help ,Verizon has good service around me but i dont know if thay have any plan for tracker. What i need to ask when i call verizon ?How this work ? i called t mobile spent 20 minutes on phone they have no clue what i talikg about ! Any advice please .Thanks

You might confuse them if you ask them about a tracker :) You need a SIM card.

I bought a sim card for T-Mobile off Ebay and activated it online. Set up account there and pay $3.00 a month. That gives me 30 talk/text minutes a month.

I walked in the AT&T store with mine in my hand to get mine and this being a small town they had never seen one but we got over that and got mine fixed up :lol:

Hi live in North Dakota USA and looking to buy gps tracker for my vision but i need help and advice from you guys what to buy. I think i will go with mini gps tracker rf-v16 or tk 102 ? I dont know witch one has better provider in services in North Dakota like , t Mobile ,Verizon ect ?? So please give me your opinion what you like and way (if you have one of those !! And please give me info what plan you have from your provider and how to purchase plane for tracker ? Thanks

I live in Mass. and I am completely confused as to where I buy a SIM card for my TK102. Secondly I am confused as to how it is prepared for use with the TK102. Have had my Phantom 2 Vision + for a while but I am afraid to fly any place but very close to me because I am afraid of losing it. Help if you can.

I live in Mass. and I am completely confused as to where I buy a SIM card for my TK102. Secondly I am confused as to how it is prepared for use with the TK102. Have had my Phantom 2 Vision + for a while but I am afraid to fly any place but very close to me because I am afraid of losing it. Help if you can.
In the store they will set it up for you or have read where ya just get one that's a prepaid one like off Amazon and ya just call it and that works .
Do not think that just because you fly close it won't just get away from you and not need one !! Had it happen while I was looking at mine :eek:

In the store they will set it up for you or have read where ya just get one that's a prepaid one like off Amazon and ya just call it and that works .
Do not think that just because you fly close it won't just get away from you and not need one !! Had it happen while I was looking at mine :eek:

What store? My cell phone is with Consumer Cellular which is a discount for seniors. Everything is done VIA internet or phone.
I have old cell phones. Is the SIM in them of any use to me?
Thanks
Steve

What store? My cell phone is with Consumer Cellular which is a discount for seniors. Everything is done VIA internet or phone.
I have old cell phones. Is the SIM in them of any use to me?
Thanks
Steve
o_O...Well I use AT&T store and don't know if your old phone SIM cards will work or not .

When i switch my TK-102 tracker unit on, I get multiple smses with its location. This would use up my data on the tracker sim in no time. I followed the instructions to cancel autotrack, I sms "notn+password" (notn plus my password) to the tracker number and keep getting a "command Error!" message reply. Anyone else have this prob?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing