What Tablet

Hi

I've been flying with a Hudl 2, generally been "OK" but DGI-GO keeps "crashing", so time to upgrade a bit. Looking at either a IPAD2 or NVIDIA SHIELD K1. Have tried my sons IPAD love the quality but a bit big and my budget won't run to a decent "mini".

Anyone using the NVIDIA with a P3P?

Thoughts always valued

Kind regards
Adrian
Have you looked at the Apple refurbished store online.
They have some pretty decent prices.

The iPad Mini 4 is your best bet for flying a DJI Phantom. I have used a Mini for several years now and love them.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm back with an iPad 2, whilst the tablet is a bit larger than I like, it seems to keep up quite well!

I know I am a little late in this conversation, after trying a few different low budget tablets, I ended up with the Nvidia Shield about 2 years ago bought off Amazon, when they had them, and I haven't looked back since. It wen't through a few small hiccups, but now it works great even with the latest up date of go 4, 3.1.43. Works great. I use go app only with my p3p.

I know I am a little late in this conversation, after trying a few different low budget tablets, I ended up with the Nvidia Shield about 2 years ago bought off Amazon, when they had them, and I haven't looked back since. It wen't through a few small hiccups, but now it works great even with the latest up date of go 4, 3.1.43. Works great. I use go app only with my p3p.
My Shield still works great. I liked the Huawei specs until I saw no headphone jack.

My Shield still works great. I liked the Huawei specs until I saw no headphone jack.
I used to fly the K1 but this year, DJI Go wasn't running as well as it used to.
The Huawei tablet I got outperforms the K1 and is extremely good.
If headphones are an important issue, you can use an adapter.
Or find an M3 which does have the headphone jack.
I've tried the M3 and M5 and they are equally good for flying.

Which model, My M3 has a 3.5mm jack . . .

My M3 does too but I've never used it and probably never will. I've hardly used a headphone jack since the advent of Bluetooth

Reactions: Technical Bob
I used to fly the K1 but this year, DJI Go wasn't running as well as it used to.
The Huawei tablet I got outperforms the K1 and is extremely good.
If headphones are an important issue, you can use an adapter.
Or find an M3 which does have the headphone jack.
I've tried the M3 and M5 and they are equally good for flying.
Good to know about the M3 and the adapter for the M5. I use my tablet to watch YouTube when Mrs. Larry wants to watch her stuff. I need the headphones!

Good to know about the M3 and the adapter for the M5. I use my tablet to watch YouTube when Mrs. Larry wants to watch her stuff. I need the headphones!
The Huawei Media Pad 5 comes with a headphone adapter....

I am having very good results with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, I can even see the screen in full sun.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 edition, an oldie but a goldie...tad slow to launch but not had issues with DJI GO. Not used for Litchi

RoOSTA

I have used a Nexus 7 Vers 2 16Gb for most of the time and excellent performance ... but recently noticed odd stops / starts etc.

Out of curiosity I mounted my 10" Mediatech 64Gb cheapo chinese tablet ... WOW !! No lag .. no stops ... straight in and good - its lightweight / thin for its size - but still for me too heavy and big ... but boy for $150 with all 3.5mm jack, USB, SD Card, twin 3G mobile sim, wifi ... I may just start to use more often !!

My Phantom is P3P, FW 1.11.20, Go 3.1.43 for Android .....

Nigel

Is there a minimum iOS platform version required to run the apps mentioned in this discussion?
For any Android app, you can look up the app on the Google Play app or in the browser. The listing for the app will list the version of Android required. For example, the page for Litchi is here. It requires Android 5.0 and up, but in the notes it states that it does not yet support Android 9 because the DJI SDK that it uses does not yet support Android 9. DJI GO requires Android 4.1 or higher, GO 4 requires 4.4 or higher (with the same issue with Android 9 as noted for Litchi).

For any Android app, you can look up the app on the Google Play app or in the browser. The listing for the app will list the version of Android required. For example, the page for Litchi is here. It requires Android 5.0 and up, but in the notes it states that it does not yet support Android 9 because the DJI SDK that it uses does not yet support Android 9. DJI GO requires Android 4.1 or higher, GO 4 requires 4.4 or higher (with the same issue with Android 9 as noted for Litchi).

Don't forget also that versions of Android after 6.x are actually 3rd party versions and not official Google Android. That is why Nexus and similar do not upgrade to 7 and later unless you force upgrade.

But the main point for IOS or Android is once you have the right OS - it then needs plenty of processing / memory resources. Its no good having Android 7 and small resources ... you'd actually be better of with Android 5 or 6 with large resources. Same goes for IOS

Nigel

Don't forget also that versions of Android after 6.x are actually 3rd party versions and not official Google Android.

??? say what?

First time I've ever heard that one. If I read that right, and Google did not develop Android after v6.0, who did?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT