What mobile device do you prefer?

Reaction score
I have used my Samsung Galaxy S5, but seem to have connection problems now and then with my Phantom 2 Vision. I just pre-ordered the Phantom 3 Advanced and I am considering getting a smaller tablet to dedicate to its use. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have used my Samsung Galaxy S5, but seem to have connection problems now and then with my Phantom 2 Vision. I just pre-ordered the Phantom 3 Advanced and I am considering getting a smaller tablet to dedicate to its use. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Nexus 7 (2013) works great and the size is perfect IMO.

Reactions: Chilarrette
No need to worry about connection problems since the connection to the P3 controller is hard wired USB. This means you can be connected the internet via WiFi at the same time.

I would go with an iPad Mini or equivalent size Android tablet.

Does anyone know the maximum size of the tablet mount for the P3 controller? Currently using iPhone 6 which isn't too bad, but the screen is a bit small. If I could mount my iPad Air 2 out of the box that would be freaking awesome.

I am to about to buy a new tablet for this and have been looking into this a lot over the past week or so on inspire forums. The only tablets that work properly are ones with fast processors, ie ipads The ipad mini 2 and and ipad Air 2 are about the best with the nvidia shield being the only non apple tablet device recommended by most users. The app works perfect with the iphone and galaxy phones but not samsung galaxy tablets which is a shame cos i have a one nobody uses in our house. We have a ipad mini but its not the mini 2 and that doesn't work its not fast enough ( and my son would go spare if i was nicking that of him every time i went for a fly anyway) So i am going to get the ipad mini 2 which im told of many works great. There are a few you tube videos showing and explaining all about what works good and what doesn't. They all seem to say the same thing tho and thats use an ipad cos they process the image really fast. I had hoped the cheaper galaxy 7" tab would do it but it wont im told which i can understand.

manny, the ipad air 2 is the best tablet device you can use and it fits. Thats what most inspire pilots are using and say its fast as lighting and absolutely flawless for the FPV.

Reactions: manny
What about one of the newer Ipad Mini's, will that fit the stock controller and work OK?

Yea heard loads of good reviews on ipad air 1, awesome as well. Just wish i had one anyway like most. We have 2 ipad minis and a galaxy tab 4 in the house so im gutted im having to buy another. lol. Want it right tho for when it arrives. I went for the same package as you gppms, Just trying to learn a few things now with the app so im ready for when it arrives. Have noticed the max flight altitude has a setting from 10m to 500m tho im hoping this will change when i plug it in. Really hope there is not a height restriction on it. Going of topic hear i know. sorry

Yea heard loads of good reviews on ipad air 1, awesome as well. Just wish i had one anyway like most. We have 2 ipad minis and a galaxy tab 4 in the house so im gutted im having to buy another. lol. Want it right tho for when it arrives. I went for the same package as you gppms, Just trying to learn a few things now with the app so im ready for when it arrives. Have noticed the max flight altitude has a setting from 10m to 500m tho im hoping this will change when i plug it in. Really hope there is not a height restriction on it. Going of topic hear i know. sorry
Ipad air 1 is awesome.I have it more than a year and i'm very happy with it.

Be even better when its sat on your controller for viewing. You will have one mean set up when your P3 arrives.

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7-inch) on Amazon here for the Vision 2.
I was lucky that I found a refurb one for $104

I just pre-ordered the Phantom 3
The DJI Pilot app installs on that tablet, it is nice that it is white and matches the controller

It's less about what the app will install on and more about whether the hardware in the device can keep up w/ the video feed. the galaxy tab probably falls into the maybe category on that front.

Yea but it wont work that well sadly, its to slow. Its the exact same tablet i have lying around not being used here at home. I agree tho it would look the best on the controller and perfect size. never mind

Nexus 7 2013 is the best bang for the buck imo. Used with an inspire and the dji pilot app it's flawless and less than $200

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.