What is the typical range?

@OG Style,

I see you were also working on some firmware issues.
Possible brick

You stated its used, did you attempt the firmware because of signal issues?

You also stated this "app says that the signal is weak or the video is lost"

What is very important.
#1 are you loosing Video?
#2 are you loosing Telemetry?
#3 are you loosing Remote Control? (Can you still control the Phantom, or does the Phantom attempted to RTH?

Rod

I still have control of the drone most of the time. There were a few times that did rth. I was changing the firmware because of the signal issue. I haven't paid attention to the telemetry when it loses signal, but I do lose video. DJI Go shows full signal to lost connect.

I still have control of the drone most of the time. There were a few times that did rth. I was changing the firmware because of the signal issue. I haven't paid attention to the telemetry when it loses signal, but I do lose video. DJI Go shows full signal to lost connect.
OK, I follow the threads that are problems with Remote control signal to the Phantom. Loosing Video and or Telemetry isn't the problem.
What else that can be confusing is when it looses video and or telemetry it may prompt you about a RTH even though it still has a good signal from the remote.

Only link I can think of that might help is to explain signals.
Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry
I do not know what to recommend for your problem.

This link explains what I think actually happens when you have Remote control signal problems to the Phantom after a firmware update.
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

This has been part of signature for over 2 years.
"P3S => Fly-it or Fryware-it (Rod)"

Rod

That IC might be the problem. I checked the connections between the pins and ground and I got continuity. To bad I can't just can't get the RX and you have to get the whole board.

Reactions: RodPad
That IC might be the problem. I checked the connections between the pins and ground and I got continuity. To bad I can't just can't get the RX and you have to get the whole board.

If it is the IC, this repair may solve your problem. I did it on mine after having similar problems to what you are describing, and it worked for me. Take a look and see what you think.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm sorry I forgot to update what happened. I removed the ic and I can get at least 400ft high and about 1000ft away.

Does anyone know where I can get a new ic at?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20