Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What is considered good range in the city?

Discussion in 'Phantom 4K' started by DaaaaMan, Jun 29, 2018.

1. DaaaaMan

I'm a current P3 S owner and considering to upgrade to a P4. First I would like to know what is considered good range in a crowded city with apartment buildings, trees exct. So far I have done the following modifications
    Both 2.4ghz antenna mods with Amps and same on the 5.8ghz. I have Alpha panels and upgraded the 2.4 GHz birdside antennas with P3 pro antennas. (Pics included) This is a heavily crowded area and I'm getting 3,000 -3,500 ft. It will have full bars on signal and then all of a sudden nothing, RTH starts. Is this as good as it gets? Should I expect more with a P4 or Mav? Or is there another mod I haven't considered?

Btw in a rural area this thing is endless. I'm scared to push it because I don't want to crash on RTH