P3 Firmware What Happens if I Don't Update?

Reaction score
Howdy, new here. Had some good flights with new P3S. I really don't want to hassle with update firmware anytime soon. What may happen if I don't update?

Howdy, new here. Had some good flights with new P3S. I really don't want to hassle with update firmware anytime soon. What may happen if I don't update?
I bought my 3A almost a year ago and as soon as it was out of the box something, I do not remember what, started nagging me to update. I did, and then flew a bit with no problems. I NEVER updated again, and have had NO problems. The old version of DJI Go I use will not install from the Android play store, causing me to download the APK and install it that way.

I bought my 3A almost a year ago and as soon as it was out of the box something, I do not remember what, started nagging me to update. I did, and then flew a bit with no problems. I NEVER updated again, and have had NO problems. The old version of DJI Go I use will not install from the Android play store, causing me to download the APK and install it that way.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, is my take on all this constant updating.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
The first time I setup my phantom I had to update, and register the quad along with calibrations. But that might of changed. Welcome aboard the forums Tnengineer, and fly safe[emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The latest update is flawless on my P3A so that's a safe update.. But the rest has been glitchy but seems DJI finally nailed it

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, that's good to know, will have to look at release notes, i'm told there may be a battery in cold weather patch that may be useful, seeing as how its 6 below zero here today.
Anything else in latest firmware upgrade that is pertinent, u know of?

As crazy as it sounds I swear the battery flew a lot longer then usually with the latest update. I will test more tomorrow but it did seem like it

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj