What firmware update is best? And problems with using follow me mode??

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im pretty new to this site as well as the P34K. I got my drone a few weeks ago. Since then I've be trying to familarise myself with the intelligent modes. Most of them work but when I try use follow me, I get an alert saying I need to update the firmware of my aircraft.

From the app everything is updated and looks fine but I've been reading about updating the firmware with an SD card. Can anyone help me with this or advise me what to do and weather it's worth updating the firmware?

Im sorry if the question has been asked elsewhere but I can't find any threads relating back to this and that talks about the P34k.

Many thanks,
TJ

Which version of the firmware is displayed in the About section of DJI GO?

For the app itself its 2.7.2 and the version is 1.4.30

Guessing the second one is the actual firmware

Correct. 2.7.2 is the version of DJI GO.

You're running the latest firmware, so that's an odd message to see in the DJI GO app. That feature requires that you have a GPS receiver in your mobile device (or an external GPS receiver attached). If you're missing GPS though, the DJI GO app usually complains that the GPS signal is weak.

What is the exact message you're seeing in DJI GO when you attempt to use Follow Me?

Ye I also thought it was the latest version. Really odd. I think it may have something to do with the GPS. I sometimes put my phone in Airplane mode so I dont get any calls half way through the flight. You think that could be a cause?

I can take a screenshot of the message next time a go for a flight as I dont remember exactly, that should be this evening and I'll post that on here.

I will always try flying out of Airplane mode so there is an active internet connection.

Now that you mentioned the fact that it needs GPS it clicked in my head that it might be that.

Thanks for your help I will be sure to update this evening on how it goes!

Ok I can confirm that since the update i did the other day all intelligent modes are work!! :laughing:

Thank you for you help msinger!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20