What filters do you use with your GoPro?

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm installing my FPV and Hero 4 Black this weekend. Before I go off trying to shoot the next epic video, I wondered what folks use on the front of their Hero's? Does anyone use the GoPro clear lens protector, or does it distort? Do you use a ND or UV filter? Polarizing?

Thanks for any suggestions or guidance.

BlurFix ND4 and ND 8, depending on how bright it is.

knuckles said:
I use polar pro CP filter. I have ND filter as well and may use it if it's bright and I think I may be flying in sun's direction
+1

The only thing I do not like about the Polar Pro filters are their size. When flying at full speed or in gusty winds they seem to cause the gimbal to twitch since they tend to "catch" the wind.

I just got a SRP Blurfix, got a kit with a nd4, nd8 and a plain polarizing filter. I took them out for a test today. It was pretty bright out, so it gives a decent look at all of them.

http://youtu.be/Vxg-gUGRegQ

Some people have complained that they don't work well with gimbals. I had my gopro on my walkera g2d, and it seemed to have no effect on the gimbal.

Spudboy said:
Hi all, I'm installing my FPV and Hero 4 Black this weekend. Before I go off trying to shoot the next epic video, I wondered what folks use on the front of their Hero's? Does anyone use the GoPro clear lens protector, or does it distort? Do you use a ND or UV filter? Polarizing?

Thanks for any suggestions or guidance.

I use a clear lens protector with visor attached to block prop shadow when fly in the direction of the sun. For the GP3 black I use protune at ISO 400 and if it's to bright the EV setting can be set to a -2 at the far end of the spectrum if needed and the GP 4 black has the same settings available.

There is no distortion with the clear lens protector.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl