What do you all use with your drone?

Reaction score
Hi, I want to know what you all use drones for daily. I know what DJI Drones are for, but, Theres almost nothing to even capture and we dont travel a lot. I was thinking of doing a mix of capturing and flying. What do you all use them for?. Thanks!
EDIT: 15 comments/replys in 2 days! Thanks for giving me your ideas!

Last edited:
For me, strictly taking video for home movies. My P4P+ coupled with my GoPro and Sony AX700 gives me footage like I have never been able to capture before. I do fly sometimes without using the camera but that is just to stay in practice flying.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I love to take mine to the family bbqs and with ever one on the deck and the kids all playing in the lawn right off the deck...I love to do family videos of it all from airborne and no body can come close with pictures and videos to what that airborne camera see's !
This time of the year...i have many nice open areas and are lined with Beautiful oak trees that are bright orange in color..and that airborne drone captures them The Best way......Airborne !

I also love to do pictures of people that i know homes and the area around them from a few hundred feet up..then send them the pictures.

They are amazed at the pictures...of the area...and when i hear from them.they also want a drone too...Cheers !

Sunsets are More beautiful when took with a drone.....and completely different then being at ground level and taking them.

Geeeeeeeeee I hope that i gave you some ideas on "right around Home" droning !

Hello,
There are many things that you can see from a perspective with the recordings of a drone that you can not see otherwise ... In Germany it is forbidden to fly over other houses without asking the owners beforehand. For this reason, I can fly only on the open field and with my Phantom 3 SE - in Germany a maximum of 100 meters above ground - that I still can take building shots (mainly companies) without flying directly over the buildings. However, I've already experienced that people have watched me with interest and asked me if I could even record their house from the top. Of course I like to do ...
Another man wanted me to be able to pick up his gutter from above because he has trees in the garden and is afraid that in autumn all the leaves in the gutter will clog the drain.
So you see, there are a thousand things for a drone to do well.

Translated from German with Google translator, I am 72 years old and have never LEIDER learned English, I apologize for mistakes in translation.

Attachments

• DJI_0052.JPG
    DJI_0052.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 480
  • DJI_0038.JPG
    DJI_0038.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 488
As a kid always wanted to fly like a bird,I still can't so this next best thing,knew nothing about photography (still dont) but just puts a different look on things,and some of the sunsets captured that you would never normal see,just amazing these things,hooked for life,just a awsome extreme Hobbie for me:smilingimp:

This pic is amazing!!! Can you tell me your settings please! Did you edit this??

Thanks,
It was a bracketed photo of three photo's that i took on a very calm evening then i merged them in Photomatix Pro 5 and boosted the contrast.

Photography and videos of course were my primary reasons for selecting my P4 a few years ago, but there is so much more that these birds can legally be used for. A few of the more unusual things I have done is getting Mylar balloons off the VERY high cathedral ceiling in my church, blowing leaves out of rain gutters, drone fishing (by attaching a hook and bobber with an emergency overweight breakaway system that I designed), flying witches and skeletons during Halloween, taking spectators on a virtual flight wearing the DJI VR headset, and even helping local fire and rescue on occasion. All that is needed is an active imagination and a good knowledge of the local and federal laws.

Photography and videos of course were my primary reasons for selecting my P4 a few years ago, but there is so much more that these birds can legally be used for. A few of the more unusual things I have done is getting Mylar balloons off the VERY high cathedral ceiling in my church, blowing leaves out of rain gutters, drone fishing (by attaching a hook and bobber with an emergency overweight breakaway system that I designed), flying witches and skeletons during Halloween, taking spectators on a virtual flight wearing the DJI VR headset, and even helping local fire and rescue on occasion. All that is needed is an active imagination and a good knowledge of the local and federal laws.
Do you have any pictures of your overweight breakaway system.

Thanks!

Last edited:
As a (1960s) youngster in Eastern Washington State, I would spend my days and evenings, physically exploring the areas around my home, the hills and mountains, lakes and rivers, caves and cliffs, old abandoned properties, mines and campgrounds..on foot and on my bicycle.
I am now 68 years old and live on the Big Island of Hawaii, which is a huge Volcanic mountain. I sold my 1960 Cessna 310d in 1995 when I moved back to the Lower 48 from Alaska..no place for a big Twin Cessna..Always missed flying since then..Thankfully I found another way to fly.. and love flying my 2 Phantom 3 Standards and Mavic Air as I explore my island just as I did as a kid, with a lot less physical effort and with great safety and comfort..Not to mention the extreme cost savings over a full sized aircraft..These machines are a dream come true..THANK YOU DJI..

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 236
  • AtOurPlane2.jpg
    AtOurPlane2.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Doug@9.jpg
    [email protected]
    48.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Scotty.jpg
    Scotty.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 224
Flying the Phantom opens opportunities to see and share awesome events that happen around us, I prefer video and the P4pro + is fantastic. Its amazing that when you ask for permission to fly somewhere special, most people are happy to allow you access. Happy droning, Mike

Wind Farm Construction - Video mix of Camera & Phantom 4
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.