What file settings for bets video?

Reaction score
I have been reading lots of topics talking about picture resolutions and frame rates to get the best video.

I am going to shoot in h.264 since my computer is decently old and likely cant handle the 265, and I dont really want to mess with transcoding.

That leaves the question what is better .MOV or .MP4?

Also I have heard that depending on your resolution and frame rate you might record in different bitrates? I haven't seen any documentation on this in the manual.

I have also heard that the 4k 60FPS is really poor in terms of quality as well.

Does anyone have any best practices for getting just the best picture quality?

I have been reading lots of topics talking about picture resolutions and frame rates to get the best video.

I am going to shoot in h.264 since my computer is decently old and likely cant handle the 265, and I dont really want to mess with transcoding.

That leaves the question what is better .MOV or .MP4?

Also I have heard that depending on your resolution and frame rate you might record in different bitrates? I haven't seen any documentation on this in the manual.

I have also heard that the 4k 60FPS is really poor in terms of quality as well.

Does anyone have any best practices for getting just the best picture quality?
Hi, MOV vs MP4 is only related to container, and the actual video stream inside is 100% the same. I choose MP4 as I am on windows but this is not really important (doublecheck with your editing software).

4K 60 seems to have reduced vertical resolution, based on other people's tests.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues