What do you think?

Reaction score
Hello all, you might remember me from phantompilots.com/threads/good-god-how-stupid-can-one-kid-be.43361/
After taking your advice and smartening up, I've created my first semi-professional video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I know my yaw finger is too twitchy, and that screwed up a couple of shots, but what do you think?
I'm open to any advice or constructive criticism you may have.

Reactions: Erised
Advice and criticism... hmm, lemme think...

Still thinking...

Ohh, I got it

Wear a colorful Hawaiian shirt at the end...

Good job.
Thanks for sharing, I loved the wave from all (most of) the folks.

Nice area to fly in.

1. Reduce the long still shot at the start.
2. Slow down as the props are in shot.
3. Too long, Aim for about 3 min max as it is not a feature film.
4. The Ski lift with the light on and the night time shots were very nice.

You have some very nice shots there.

Reactions: gburkett05
Nice area to fly in.

1. Reduce the long still shot at the start.
2. Slow down as the props are in shot.
3. Too long, Aim for about 3 min max as it is not a feature film.
4. The Ski lift with the light on and the night time shots were very nice.

You have some very nice shots there.
Thank you! Do you have any tips on preventing those twitches left and right on the aerials? I guess I just wanted to keep my phantom straight, and it looks much more noticeable on my computer screen than it did on my controller

What setting did you use for the time lapse in opener and what camera as the movement was just to fast. Could be why paulajayne thought it was to long of a still shot for the opener.

Didn't damage the camera when you flew into the house while you clowning around in the yard as that twitch maybe a result of that.

What music is that? Loved it.
9 minutes is too long. It's harder to make a concise video than a long one.
Too many repeat sequences.
Vary your flying. You could have added some straight down camera shots and reversing angle shots. A long, rising, reverse that reveals the big picture would have been a nice opener for that location,
Long sequences work if there's some kind of movement in the video.

Regarding props in the shot: ok for fun videos, like vacation. I try to keep them out of professional videos.

Not a bad video.

What setting did you use for the time lapse in opener and what camera as the movement was just to fast. Could be why paulajayne thought it was to long of a still shot for the opener.

Didn't damage the camera when you flew into the house while you clowning around in the yard as that twitch maybe a result of that.
The twitch is the result of me, constantly adjusting the yaw when I shouldn't. I wish I knew how to restrain from doing it, since it messed a couple of shots up

It was 1 per second, but sped up I believe 300% from there - I had a solid 2 minutes of time lapse footage at 30fps. Should I go for 1 every 5 seconds instead?

What music is that? Loved it.
9 minutes is too long. It's harder to make a concise video than a long one.
Too many repeat sequences.
Vary your flying. You could have added some straight down camera shots and reversing angle shots. A long, rising, reverse that reveals the big picture would have been a nice opener for that location,
Long sequences work if there's some kind of movement in the video.

Regarding props in the shot: ok for fun videos, like vacation. I try to keep them out of professional videos.

Not a bad video.
There's some very good points. I'll definitely take all of that into consideration. Thank you
PS. The music is Entropy by Nigel Stanford, out of Solar Echoes. I love his music.

Haven't seen the video yet it won't load for some reason. You mention slower panning shots. Might want to look at this video. I'm gonna give it a go.

Haven't seen the video yet it won't load for some reason. You mention slower panning shots. Might want to look at this video. I'm gonna give it a go.

That helped a ton. Thank you!

It was 1 per second, but sped up I believe 300% from there - I had a solid 2 minutes of time lapse footage at 30fps. Should I go for 1 every 5 seconds instead?

Speeding up the footage to 300% was far to fast. No 1 per second was fine. The rule for shooting time lapse is based on how long the playback is going to be at 30 fps. 10 sec playback X 30fps = 300 frames so times 300 frames by the number seconds between frames. 300 frames X 1 interval = 300 ÷ 60 = 5mins and for each second of interval added increase the time in mins by 5

Speeding up the footage to 300% was far to fast. No 1 per second was fine. The rule for shooting time lapse is based on how long the playback is going to be at 30 fps. 10 sec playback X 30fps = 300 frames so times 300 frames by the number seconds between frames. 300 frames X 1 interval = 300 ÷ 60 = 5mins and for each second of interval added increase the time in mins by 5
Yeah, I screwed that up. I had way too much footage. I'll probably do 1 every 5 seconds next time.

Yeah, I screwed that up. I had way too much footage. I'll probably do 1 every 5 seconds next time.

If you time remapping video footage of driving on a hiway 300% would really be fast.

The pedestrian was going pretty fast too

There were two of them one right in front of the camera the other on the sidewalk. The same thing will happen with 5 seconds between shots. The rule of thumb for people and autos is 1 second and if using a DSLR 1/50 of a second to add a slight blur.

There were two of them one right in front of the camera the other on the sidewalk. The same thing will happen with 5 seconds between shots. The rule of thumb for people and autos is 1 second and if using a DSLR 1/50 of a second to add a slight blur.
Heh, I wish it was a DSLR. My primary camera is my phone, that was my old Gopro Hero 3 white

Heh, I wish it was a DSLR. My primary camera is my phone, that was my old Gopro Hero 3 white

I shot allot of time lapse video, standard video with either a DSLR, video cam and GoPro 2. I use the GoPro in places that I don't what to either be noticed or Pro gear isn't allowed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.