What do you think about flying a P4 around the world's largest natural gas processing plant?

Reaction score
I worked at this place 4 years ago. It is amazing how large this place is. We had to wear monitors when we worked around an active area. Natural gas is super big in West Virginia. We had evacuation exercises which we would laugh at. We would go and hide behind a pile of dirt while the local vol. fire department would come in with their two trucks. What a laugh. If this place blows, those two fire trucks aren't going to do anything.

This is a quote from the newspaper, "We have 1.2 billion standard cubic feet of gas per day and separate 40,000 barrels of ethane. We have 400 million standard cubic feet per day under construction at this time and then will be able to process 1.6 billion cubic feet per day,”

Ethane is heaver than air, but the other gases aren't. Do you think it would be OK to fly over this place and fly over hundreds of people while they are working? They tell me that is what the superintend does almost daily. They told me he doesn't always fly high. They say he flies just over top/ behind equipment. They say he is spying on them. Maybe? Not my point. Flying over is. Flying low is. Flying over people is. Wonder what kind of permit he got to do this, if any. Sounds dangerous. The workers are ignorant of the safety factors with flying drones. Besides, they need the work and don't want to be black balled.

Very Interesting post....Im sure looking for a few good replys...wow RV Rootman impressed !

whats the BIG difference between " Methane and Ethane " ?

I worked at this place 4 years ago. It is amazing how large this place is. We had to wear monitors when we worked around an active area. Natural gas is super big in West Virginia. We had evacuation exercises which we would laugh at. We would go and hide behind a pile of dirt while the local vol. fire department would come in with their two trucks. What a laugh. If this place blows, those two fire trucks aren't going to do anything.

This is a quote from the newspaper, "We have 1.2 billion standard cubic feet of gas per day and separate 40,000 barrels of ethane. We have 400 million standard cubic feet per day under construction at this time and then will be able to process 1.6 billion cubic feet per day,”

Ethane is heaver than air, but the other gases aren't. Do you think it would be OK to fly over this place and fly over hundreds of people while they are working? They tell me that is what the superintend does almost daily. They told me he doesn't always fly high. They say he flies just over top/ behind equipment. They say he is spying on them. Maybe? Not my point. Flying over is. Flying low is. Flying over people is. Wonder what kind of permit he got to do this, if any. Sounds dangerous. The workers are ignorant of the safety factors with flying drones. Besides, they need the work and don't want to be black balled.
Well he the superintendent and the boss,he want to fly he fly,,I had to post cause to much to think,,one gas smell otherView attachment 109640
Very Interesting post....Im sure looking for a few good replys...wow RV Rootman impressed !

whats the BIG difference between " Methane and Ethane " ?
Um both go boom I know that..found this cause couldent think,,..it seems we breath it before it goes to the ozone layer,,that's just great,,needed to know that...Yeh cause he the boss he can fly when even,,you think there be some NFZ or similar in this area,,probly ok if going overhead but something goes wrong and it goes down quick jump in your car :oops:
20190316_215054.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
A BIG THANK YOU ianzone.......its all about the gases "Atoms" make UP........propane is in their too some where .

A BIG THANK YOU ianzone.......its all about the gases "Atoms" make UP........propane is in their too some where .
Yes it is. We had a post here about 2 years ago where a man had to do a safety inspection over such a facility. And he couldn't see how he could do it safely. That's what keeps coming to the back of my mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers