What are you guys finding for local business for Ariel photography?

Reaction score
I am curious what is out there for opportunities in flying drones for businesses. What comes to my mind is real estate, inspections, crop analysis etc...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've been contacting local retail stores, car lots, golf courses, basically any business I can think of that might want shots for advertising.

Aerial footage of businesses like huge car dealerships, golf courses, hotels, etc. may be a part of a bigger package as snippets in a commercial, but not a stand alone product.

It was an easy transition for me, I am already a professional photographer and videographer all I did was contact my current clients and start offering aerial photography and aerial video. The biggest way I get new business though is through SEO, my website is ranked number 1 in my service area for any search terms for aerial construction, aerial photography, aerial event photography, aerial video, fashion photography, model portraits, etc. I also do fun things that keep driving traffic to my site such as picture of the day, where I post my favorite picture for the day, and I volunteer for free aerial photography/videography at local parks and non profit events.

I also keep track of major construction sites in my area and I contact them at the start of the project to see if they need progression photography or video. If I do an event I hand out cards to everyone running the event, I add them as friends on Facebook, and I offer complimentary stuff all the time such as free aerial photography with an aerial video project.

The reality is though, if you are not also willing to do traditional photography and potentially videography then you probably will not get much work. Every kid with a drone out there is doing the same thing you are, but the customers need someone who can film both from the air and from the ground. They would much rather hire someone who does everything versus having to find a videographer, aerial photographer, and traditional photographer.

Also, learning to fly a drone is much easier (and cheaper) than learning professional photography or videography. The only way to succeed in this market is to make sure your footage is the best, the sharpest, perfectly exposed, creatively color graded, you have an efficient workflow, you are good at networking, and you are constantly pushing the envelope.

Trust me it works, I am currently booked for the next 2 months and have everything from modelling fashion shoots to aerial event videography lined up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik