Looking for drone analyst/researcher jobs, but not having luck finding such jobs. Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Reaction score
I am trying to find jobs in either the government or business sector within the US where I can work either as a drone analyst or other appropriate researcher and research how both new and existing technologies both inside and outside of the drone field could be either applied to or adapted for use on drones, particularly sUAS drones and other appropriate categories of drones that fall under the 55 pound weight limit established by FAA Part 107. I would also like to do some drone piloting in this job. I know other industries have people who research reports, articles, papers, and documents to find both new and existing technologies to apply and adapt for use in their particular industries. I expected something like that to exist in the drone industry. However, my job search so far has only shown drone engineering jobs involving software and/or hardware and require skills and certifications such as C++ and Java which I do not have. I am flexible with my areas of concentrations for jobs. In addition to doing research and analysis for sUAS, I am open to jobs doing research for larger drones such as those that fall in the same classes as the Predator and Reaper drones. I am also open to other analysis and research positions that could be applicable to drones. For any job coaches or experts or drone experts who are knowledgeable about the drone industry, are there any such job positions like what I have described within the industry? If yes, what job positions, areas, and/or companies should I concentrate on during my job search?

Thanks.

I can imagine it's frustrating not finding the right opportunities. When I was exploring new career paths, I also hit roadblocks.

Speaking of exploring new paths, have you considered looking into how to make extra money while you continue your job search? Sometimes, taking on side gigs can provide valuable experience and income while you pursue your dream job. I remember when I was in a similar situation, I took on freelance projects that eventually opened up new doors for me.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl