What are some cool uses you have found for your phantom?

Attachments

• Ya got to be kidding me !.gif
    Ya got to be kidding me !.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 415
Phantom8529 said:
My buddy has a roofing company, I hooked up with him and used my Phantom 1 with a gopro 3 to inspect roofs last year. He would use the pictures to show the homeowners the damage to the roof. I could inspect a roof in 10 minutes or less and got paid $75 a pop. That money paid for my new phantom 2 and gopro 4 black that I will use this year. I live in Texas so hail damage is common where I live.

I've been thinking about contacting local high schools to see if they would hire me for freelance work.

I would bet there's a good number of football coaches out there who need ad hoc aerial footage of practices in order to hone the squad and the playbook. What about marching bands looking for an interesting way to visualize new drills and formations? What about the yearbook staff looking for a cool class photo taken from the sky? Many possibilities here, folks.

I'd mostly do it just to get back at my high school for all those years of teenage misery. What better revenge than draining their wallets? :lol:

Guys Come on now ! You know ya can't charge using a UAV and no ya can't control it 4 miles out !
Quit letting him BS ya ! :roll:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 357
Danny-Darida said:
ccase39 said:
I've wanted to put a speaker on mine.

I've been toying with the idea of a speaker, too. I've already used my Vision+ to scout the perimeter of my Grandma's farm because she's having problems with trespassing hunters and kids riding ATVs. I already got a couple of these douchebags on video, but I thought it'd be cool if I could attach a really small walkie-talkie and descend down to around 30 ft above their heads and tell them I got their faces on video and I'm calling the cops. Might be a nice deterrent.

Many hunters are paranoid, anti-authority weirdos carrying heavy firepower so I'm somewhat hesitant to confront them in person when they interlope. The Vision+ has become my friendly equalizer in such matters.

They might just shoot down your Phantom! :)

Danny-Darida said:
Phantom8529 said:
My buddy has a roofing company, I hooked up with him and used my Phantom 1 with a gopro 3 to inspect roofs last year. He would use the pictures to show the homeowners the damage to the roof. I could inspect a roof in 10 minutes or less and got paid $75 a pop. That money paid for my new phantom 2 and gopro 4 black that I will use this year. I live in Texas so hail damage is common where I live.

I've been thinking about contacting local high schools to see if they would hire me for freelance work.

I would bet there's a good number of football coaches out there who need ad hoc aerial footage of practices in order to hone the squad and the playbook. What about marching bands looking for an interesting way to visualize new drills and formations? What about the yearbook staff looking for a cool class photo taken from the sky? Many possibilities here, folks.

I'd mostly do it just to get back at my high school for all those years of teenage misery. What better revenge than draining their wallets? :lol:

Darn it, you stole my idea! The football practice thing was something I was thinking about whenever the FAA decides about commercial use. I think it would be very helpful for the coach and team, to see their plays from above.

But, I'm certain that your bird couldn't fly this far! :)

dirkclod said:
Guys Come on now ! You know ya can't charge using a UAV and no ya can't control it 4 miles out !

Can't charge??? Mine charge just fine.

Maybe he uses a very light, very long, charging cable? Or a 12VDC battery in the bed of a truck traveling below the Phantom. Or a really HUGE UAV flying above it with fishing line holding the Phantom up!

Time for my meds! :D

Danny-Darida said:
I delivered a Reese's Peanut Butter cup to my friend who lives about 4 miles (straight line) from me using the ILoveCoffee Ground Station app. :p

He already has a battery charger since I often go to his house to fly. So he hand caught my Vision+ as it landed in his driveway, and then charged the battery back up to 100% and sent it back to me. :mrgreen:

Sorry but aerial video gets boring after awhile and we need to find new uses for these flying machines. Carrying items back and forth to friends and family houses is the next "killer app" ready to be exploited and enjoyed by the masses. :D

This might sound boring, but I used to work in the factory in Bridgnorth, Shropshire, in the UK that printed the wrappers for Reese's Peanut Butter cup.

My evil sister lives about a block away. So, I've thought of adding a balsa box, with hinges on one side. The other side will have a small latch, which will be servo activated. So, the plan is: Turn my Phantom upside down, fill the box with flour, then take off for her house.

I'll have to add a speaker so I can somehow (still working on that) get her to come outside, then drop the flour on her head!

The only flaw is she knows I have a UAV and she know where I live. Does anyone have a better idea, that won't end up in a revenge killing? :cool:

Im a chef and own a restaurant but am getting tired of the long hours and overall stress. My wife is an insurance adjuster and we have been kicking around the idea of teaming up to do catastrophe work. You get to travel and it pays very well. Phantom could come in handy to assess roof damage and other loss. I would have to get a commercial UAV license but hell wtf not.

dirkclod said:

I delivered Digestive biscuits to my friend in London which is 200 miles away using my iLoveTea App. The App is great. It takes care of Air-To-Air recharging and everything. :eek:

I live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge in Upstate SC. In the fall the leaves coat the roof and fill the two valleys I have there. I have a small rake on a PVC pipe I use to pull the leaves down but it kills my arthritic shoulders. I have started using the down wash from my Phantom 1 and my Hexacopter to blow the leaves down when they are dry after a week or so without rain. This has worked great and is a Godsend.

ccase39 said:
Im a chef and own a restaurant but am getting tired of the long hours and overall stress. My wife is an insurance adjuster and we have been kicking around the idea of teaming up to do catastrophe work. You get to travel and it pays very well. Phantom could come in handy to assess roof damage and other loss. I would have to get a commercial UAV license but hell wtf not.

Can you post a link of this interesting job?

I usually run away from broiling dark clouds in the summer because of a harrowing tornado experience back in 1985. However, I wouldn't mind helping out the insurance industry after a twister rolls through by inspecting damaged rooftops and giving aerial assessments to the claim adjusters.

Danny-Darida said:
ccase39 said:

Can you post a link of this interesting job?

I usually run away from broiling dark clouds in the summer because of a harrowing tornado experience back in 1985. However, I wouldn't mind helping out the insurance industry after a twister rolls through by inspecting damaged rooftops and giving aerial assessments to the claim adjusters.

Just google it. Worley is one company that does a lot of catastraphe work and there are many others. You will need to get an insurance adjusters license which cost a couple hundred bucks and some of your time but you make like 70-100k and you get to travel. Wont get rich but with the two of us doing it we will have enough to have fun. Work 9 months out of the year and take 3 off. They were making bank here after Katrina and really helped a lot of people out. Very quick turn around on claims.

8 or 9 years ago I flew my Phantom over a strange compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, and found Osama bin Laden. I informed the CIA but haven't followed up. I don't really keep up with the news much. As far as I know he's still there. I ought to fly there again.

BTW, I first found out what VRS was there. Nearly crashed.

I say again... I LOVE THIS SHOW
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Clipper. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik