Well it's arrived and fitted in half an hour

Mine just arrived!! Installed it and going out to test.
Extremely high build quality and fast shipping. That was 6 days from Taiwan to Bulgaria. Awesome. Definitely would recommend that seller.
Will post results asap.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
When you put in the new leads into the controller, what did you use to seal it or make sure that they won't come out. I know that there is some type of silicone/glue on the existing leads in the Tx.

When you put in the new leads into the controller, what did you use to seal it or make sure that they won't come out. I know that there is some type of silicone/glue on the existing leads in the Tx.
Just some hot glue will do the trick ;)

The actual reason i want one is i can fly low to shoot at the best angles possible even when i'm 400-500m away. I max got 892m once, but i usually got 600-650m in an wide open interference free area. And i'm in CE mode unfortunately.

Hello Phantom Community
I'm a newbie at the west Edge of Texas.
I've been following this thread.
Just some observations:
The eBay Seller, 5050david, is kind of new but his feed back is 100%.
In the past 90 days he's only sold 3 but the listing does say 75 sold.
There's obviously a few of these extenders out there but not everyone is posting any kind of test results that we would like to see.

I found this video
with the title
DJI Phantom3 Standard range extended by ARGtek antenna (Range 4X 1800M)

from this German Forum
Argtek Antennenbooster für 3 Standard - Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter und FPV

I'm just as hesitant as many of you are.

Reactions: jointeffort
I'm here with results.
Previous best at same location: 450m
Best with argtek mod: 750m - that's so far. Only one flight. May get better.
Some interference is present where I'm flying.
There is a tremendously huge improvement in video downlink quality and stability. Controls though, not so much but still a lot better. Should do further testing and see how it holds up in town. Definitely would recommend it. Does the job as good as I expected.
Didn't put any glue over the connections, may be returning my Standard soon for Advanced so I want it easily changeable. Fit is very snug, won't ever come out i guarantee it
So the bottomline is: Highly recommended, but don't expect miracles. Seller on ebay is 10/10. No problems at all!
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet - Proof

RadRich - posted on another thread the same concept but home made. He listed the parts he got from Amazon which included two 2.4 and one 5.8 antenna and the connectors. But he had to drill holes in the Tx to run the wires to the antenna. They were the same antenna that this Argtek uses for the most part but his were black.

The difference I see here is that they have a nice piece to attach the antennas to that doesn't involve drilling into the Tx case.

I also think RadRich's cost for his home made version was around $60 bucks..................I don't think this is a scam but like most things all of our distances will vary based on environment/conditions! Just my two cents.

Mine was shipped about a week ago, so hopefully it'll get here within the next week or so. I'll post screenshots of the first point of significant signal degradation with a straight shot out in the same test area at 400' altitude in FCC mode. I tested last week and it went 1200 m in 100% stock form. I'll do another baseline test with a screenshot, assuming the weather cooperates.

Hello Phantom Community
I'm a newbie at the west Edge of Texas.
I've been following this thread.
Just some observations:
The eBay Seller, 5050david, is kind of new but his feed back is 100%.
In the past 90 days he's only sold 3 but the listing does say 75 sold.
There's obviously a few of these extenders out there but not everyone is posting any kind of test results that we would like to see.

I found this video
with the title
DJI Phantom3 Standard range extended by ARGtek antenna (Range 4X 1800M)

from this German Forum
Argtek Antennenbooster für 3 Standard - Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter und FPV

I'm just as hesitant as many of you are.
This is the original video posted by the argtek guy...

They have a couple of these kits on Amazon now, seems to be the same extender. Sold by BlueProton $69.99

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
They have a couple of these kits on Amazon now, seems to be the same extender. Sold by BlueProton $69.99

Can you post a link to it?

I purchased mine from BlueProton last night and it says has shipped today. Due to the fact it's fairly cheap and doesn't require any drilling to the RC I've figured I would give it a chance also .

Whoops, just noticed drquest posted the same only he used Amazon. Sorry, newbie here.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wish I would of saw that ebay add. Oh well the weather is shitty in michigan now anyway, Should get it in a week or so. It's in transit from Taiwan.

(im)Patiently waiting for a few more results to trickle in... but finger is hovering [get it, I am so punny] over the buy it now button...

Reactions: jointeffort

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4