Well......I did it.

Reaction score
I finally purchased a Phantom 3 Professional.
Now the fun begins as to what I need to purchase next.
I figured it's batteries. Would the batteries from any Phantom 3 work being 15.2v 4480mAH ?
I found some on the Internet cheap, but the model wasn't a DJI battery, and I was told, this is the only brand of battery to avoid problems.
And next, I want to get some camera filters. Can anyone suggest lenses I need to get started?
Last but not least, I was looking at a Gimble saver and a HDMI module.
The saver is to help if I have any hard landings, and the HDMI module is to hook up to a 32" tv so bystanders could watch when I flying.
Ahhh........so many options.........so little money. LOL

Would the batteries from any Phantom 3 work being 15.2v 4480mAH ?
All OEM DJI Phantom 3 batteries are the same, so they can be used in any Phantom 3 model. As for 3rd party batteries, read the reviews before buying them. Also, you should know DJI will not honor their warranty if you use a 3rd party battery and it causes a crash or some other type of damage.

Can anyone suggest lenses I need to get started?
You can find a list of commonly used filters here.

Reactions: loonie01
I use the PowerExtra battery for my P4P without issue.. Little bit lower capacity, but it works great. Half the price. Just throwing out my experience.

There are plenty of threads on batteries on this forum, and you will get people for and against.
Me I stick with OEM, to be safe, and as Msinger notes your warranty will be voided if you have an accident with a non DJI battery.

There are plenty of threads on batteries on this forum, and you will get people for and against.
Me I stick with OEM, to be safe, and as Msinger notes your warranty will be voided if you have an accident with a non DJI battery.

I can agree with this.. The reason I bought the PowerExtra was the fact that DJI sent me a DOA battery with my P4P. I needed something quick (was heading out on a road trip) while they took their time exchanging it (14 days) and I didn’t want to spend even MORE money at the time.

Ironically, I read about lots of problems with the DJI batteries and nothing about PowerExtra. Before anyone grills me about that comment I completely understand that those are DOA batteries, not failures in flight. I also understand there is not the same sample size at all. Anyway, as mentioned, there are plenty of threads on the subject and I don’t recommend 3rd party OVER OEM...Just saying I have had good luck with it. Not over a long period of time though.

If $ isn’t an issue, I’d recommend DJI OEM... at least until that warranty runs out. ;)

Andrew

Reactions: Jayfdee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan