well got the new p3s what a great bit of kit...but? night video ?

Reaction score
hello all got home unboxed charged then up in the air tried the video but I have noise lines on the playback using the sd card plugged into my 4k tv I set the recording at 2.7k but very noisy I guess it's just the sensor on the camera maybe if anyone can quote me on this just in case it's me? thanks all

hello all got home unboxed charged then up in the air tried the video but I have noise lines on the playback using the sd card plugged into my 4k tv I set the recording at 2.7k but very noisy I guess it's just the sensor on the camera maybe if anyone can quote me on this just in case it's me? thanks all
Also is it normal when pulling the left stick right down to lock in position?

As I understand you take the SD card from your drone and play it directly on your TV. So, when you live in America, your TV is set to NTSC (National Television Standards Committee). And the recording on your drone is set to PAL.

PAL uses 625 image lines and NTSC uses 525. The effect are "beautiful" lines.

Try to play your recording on your computer. There will be no lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flick6211
I live in the uk... set recording as pal, cancelled the video cache on my phone the video is set to mp4.
I don't have the time to upload to Dropbox sorry
will try some daylight footage in the morning before go to work to test the camera I think it's just the sensor the lines look like a vhs tape recording not as bad but definitely noticeable

Also is it normal when pulling the left stick right down to lock in position?
Yes, it is for landing if you like to use it but it is not necessary. Some people don't like it and open the remote to disable it.

Reactions: bigjohn71
If you live in the UK then you have PAL on your TV and the settings in the app are NTSC.

So, have a look at your computer for the results.

Have also a look to this thread: PAL in the UK
when I setup the app it asked me for different setups ie did I want imperial or metric and also pal or ntsc so they should have been saved but I will check just in case they didn't apply themselves

well out again tonight with a bit more experience I changed the video mode to 1600 iso instead of 3200 increased the shutter count also adjusted the tv settings down a bit and give far better results which are pleasing to view.. so yeah it's going well

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl