Weird issue at first connect

Reaction score
I tried hooking a friend's Phantom 2 Vision up to my computer. It took 3 computers to find one it worked with. I installed the latest drivers and application from DJI each time.

So I get it connected. I get a screen showing the versions of the various firmwares. I press "Update All". If I press that it says all are up to date.

If I press the Basic, Advanced, tools, etc buttons, it says "Main Controller firmware mismatch. Please upgrade your firmware!"

If I press the "Phantom' button at the top, it gives a long winded spiel about not doing so unless you are an experienced pilot. I backed out of that until I learn more.

I had an FC40, so I am familiar with the usual setup. I mainly wanted to activate the IOC, set the limits and program the right switch for RTH.

So what is going on? I'm lost.

Thanks.

To activate IOC, you have to change to Naza mode.

Not sure about the firmware messages. What version is it currently?

S1 can be set to failsafe without Naza mode.

Actually, it says "DO NOT enable the NAZA-M working mode before complete Advanced Flight Maneuvers in the "Phantom Pilot Training Guide". In NAZA-M working mode,users can switch the control mode between ATTI Mode, GPS Mode and Manual Mode, or use the IOC function. Notes that read LED flight indicators will display the flight status in NAZA-M's way instead of the Phantom's. It's not advised novices to use the NAZA-M mode without guide by an experienced user"

I don't know what NAZA-M is.

I never understood why IOC isn't enabled by default.

Main controller - Loader 29.0.2.1 Firmware 1.05
GPS - Firmware 6.0.1.3
Receiver - Loader 15.0.0.2 Firmware 1.0.1.3
P330CB - Loader 26.0.0.0 Firmware 1.0.1.18
Battery - Loader 1.0.0.0 Firmware 1.6.0.0

Oh, I'm familiar with the message. Changed mine after 3 flights, there is really no reason not to. If you have both switches in the up position it is the same as Phantom mode. If you can keep track of your switches, you should be fine.

If you change, make sure the bottom position of S1 is set to failsafe and not manual. The lights are a little different, they provide more info. They will tell you when your heading is saved (used in CL) and when it has the home point (used in HL). These are two sets of fast green flashes on startup. In Phantom, you only get one, home point.

Main controller - Loader 29.0.2.1 Firmware 1.05
GPS - Firmware 6.0.1.3
Receiver - Loader 15.0.0.2 Firmware 1.0.1.3
P330CB - Loader 26.0.0.0 Firmware 1.0.1.18
Battery - Loader 1.0.0.0 Firmware 1.6.0.0

Those are old but there are a lot of people flying on old firmware with no problem. If you want to update, you might try doing them individually. I really can't advise on whether you should or not.

Is it normal to be unable to see or change ANY settings in Phantom Mode? I don't remember that in my FC40, but I changed it immediately.

While reading the manual, it says one must upgrade the firmware to enable ground station feature. Does anyone know what version of firmware is needed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20