What to do when the RC hard reset doesn't fix the problem?

Reaction score
My new Phantom 4 v2 RC is locked in a loop: I get an about 10s repeating video with two buttons, Sign In and Sign Up as choices below it. I don't want to sign in, and I signed up a day ago, got online S/W updates for both the controller and the drone. I wanted to go outside today to complete the pre flight checklist, specifically get the GPS fired up and locked in.

I'd powered up the RC and got the "connect to the drone" message, but saw a Gear icon for settings, so I diverted just to see what settings I might have to do. Turned out I didn't need to do anything, but somehow, in clicking the editor (photos?) I got the video and the sign in buttons. No problem, I'll just back out of this and connect to the drone and press on.

That was 6 hours ago, with time out for a meal and family call.

I have done the following: Tried to find a back out method on the visible screen. None. Powered down/back up 3x. No joy. Same video, same buttons. Searched the manual for a controller reset. Did not find. Went online and found 3 different hard reset methods. They were: Concurrent push C1, C2 and the record button. Did it twice, got the recommended ding and blue light flashing, powered down/up, nada. Same video/buttons. Next: Concurrent C1, C2, and shutter button. Ditto (2x) the results of the first method. Found a 4 button method: Concurrent C1, C2, shutter, and camera (press, not roll). Eureka, when I powered down/back up I had to agree to the agreement page, (click that I'd read it, etc), switch on the 4 data switches to give permission for DJI to use them, and deny DJI monitoring where I flew. Good says me, it won't be long now. No joy. Up came the 10s repeating video and the 2 buttons. I pushed, swiped swirled, etc all over the screen. Nada.

Frustrated, I decided to "sign in" then cancel back out. That, however means typing in my email address (see my post on under_scores in the email name earlier) but I took the advice of a responder to that thread and put the underscore in last. Eureka! I was on the way. But wait! I got the message "cannot connect, check your internet connection and try to sign in again". My internet connection is solid. There are 3 high speed computers within 3 feet of the worktable with the RC and the drone, all 3 are connected, an all measure very high speed connectivity. 2 use the wifi the drone was connected to and the 3rd is hardwired with an ethernet cable.

I have no clue where DJI is trying to connect to (China? are they down?) or if in hard resetting I killed the password link to my local Wifi, but I can't solve that from the screen I'm locked to. It's Saturday, no DJI support until Monday, same for the vendor.

Any ideas?

You might find some things you haven't already tried by doing a search here (magnifying glass, top right) using, for example, the keywords 'dji loop' or similar. I did and found some possibly relevant information.

No promises - but one of those search results might give an idea you haven't yet tried.

Sometimes during upgrades you end up getting signed out of the application. It sounds like you are seeing the splash screen with the sign in and sign up buttons. You have to be signed in to get into the app and fly. When you get the message to check your internet connection, just double check the device you are using (iPad, tablet, CrystalSky, etc) is properly connected to the internet and plugged into the USB port on the remote. If you have an internet connection and you sign in with your DJI credentials, you should get back into the app and be able to operate the drone.

One more thing to verify - when the drone is on and the remote is on (even with no device connected to it) - what color is the LED on the remote?

Thanks! Searching this forum found a fix. I'll repost what I found, because it's valuable. I found it by searching this forum, as suggested by a poster above, but had not found it simply by googling, which I mentioned having done in my OP.

"take your finger and drag it on the screen from the top of the display down and another window will open. Then touch the gear/system-settings icon and go to the WIFI setting, turn it on and enter your password for your WIFI. Then try to login in again. You should be good then."

I can find this nowhere in the manual. Further, this small screen is where the contrast and brightness is adjusted, something I also could not find in the manual. (I'm reading the manual downloaded from the DJI site using a Adobe reader, which will search the manual for anything.)

I am now staring at a screen telling me I need a software update. It looks a lot like the one I had 3 nights ago, that I thought was behind me.

Onward, and hopefully, eventually, upward.

Reactions: Steve7777

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31