weird gimbal error

Reaction score
hello pilots

recently ive seen a strange gimbal error that i havent seen before on a p3.. there is image transmition.. i can take photos and videos.. but gimbal seems to be hang over there.. when i touch it does a restart (without loosing image transmition) and it behaves completely normal.. as nothing has ever been happened.. ive asked dji about this and they said "we ve never seen that before" .. so i ve asked them "you wrote the code of 1.11.20 update and you dont know whats in it?? thanks for nothing" ..

and now the question.. what am i goin to check?? ive cleaned the connectors both on flex and on cables.. didnt help.. statrted it up and same again..

thanks
xrider

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_085505.jpg
    IMG_20200812_085505.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 227
hello pilots

recently ive seen a strange gimbal error that i havent seen before on a p3.. there is image transmition.. i can take photos and videos.. but gimbal seems to be hang over there.. when i touch it does a restart (without loosing image transmition) and it behaves completely normal.. as nothing has ever been happened.. ive asked dji about this and they said "we ve never seen that before" .. so i ve asked them "you wrote the code of 1.11.20 update and you dont know whats in it?? thanks for nothing" ..

and now the question.. what am i goin to check?? ive cleaned the connectors both on flex and on cables.. didnt help.. statrted it up and same again..

thanks
xrider
Has the drone been crashed,, even just a little? It sounds like a flat flex cable issue.

Reactions: xrider
Has the drone been crashed,, even just a little? It sounds like a flat flex cable issue.
no crash here.. it just happened on start up before flight.. and since then it happens on every start up.. i touch the camera and then it comes back to normal.. weird things..
two years ago ive changed the flex as camera was behaving very oddly.. especially when midflight with gimbal overload and when it wasnt doin that there was too much jello.. now.. no jello.. no oddly things midflight.. exept from the camera hang during start up.. weird things..

?

no crash here.. it just happened on start up before flight.. and since then it happens on every start up.. i touch the camera and then it comes back to normal.. weird things..
two years ago ive changed the flex as camera was behaving very oddly.. especially when midflight with gimbal overload and when it wasnt doin that there was too much jello.. now.. no jello.. no oddly things midflight.. exept from the camera hang during start up.. weird things..

?
Do the gimbal motors feel smooth when you rotate them by hand? Do they sound gritty like some foreign matter is in any of them?

Do the gimbal motors feel smooth when you rotate them by hand? Do they sound gritty like some foreign matter is in any of them?
they are free and clean.. nothing obstructs them.. that was my first thought the first time i saw the errors.. ive cleaned them with pressurised air.. seem to work for a single flight and in the next there they were again.. so i touched the camera to see if there was any obstruction close to it.. then camera dit its initial dance..
just to determine.. during start up no sounds from the camera.. it seems like its dead.. but its not..

they are free and clean.. nothing obstructs them.. that was my first thought the first time i saw the errors.. ive cleaned them with pressurised air.. seem to work for a single flight and in the next there they were again.. so i touched the camera to see if there was any obstruction close to it.. then camera dit its initial dance..
just to determine.. during start up no sounds from the camera.. it seems like its dead.. but its not..
Does the gimbal light illuminate?

yes.. so.. power issues?? power connector clean and well seated.. pluged in and out just to verify that.. ?
Yes,, sounds like it’s not getting power consistently. I’m still leaning towards a bad flat cable. Also check the roll motor arm at the roll motor, is it a tiny bit wobbly. The motor can separate from the motor cap a tiny bit and cause issues.

Reactions: xrider
Yes,, sounds like it’s not getting power consistently. I’m still leaning towards a bad flat cable. Also check the roll motor arm at the roll motor, is it a tiny bit wobbly. The motor can separate from the motor cap a tiny bit and cause issues.
yep.. ive checked it and tightened it up.. ive also cleaned again all the motors and checked again the connections.. there are 3 flats sitting on the gimbal.. which one of them do you mean?? the black one??

yep.. ive checked it and tightened it up.. ive also cleaned again all the motors and checked again the connections.. there are 3 flats sitting on the gimbal.. which one of them do you mean?? the black one??
Where the black cable plugs into the roll motor and pitch motor,, is it a tight fit? Did you have the gimbal assembly apart?

Where the black cable plugs into the roll motor and pitch motor,, is it a tight fit?

yes

Did you have the gimbal assembly apart?

before ten mins it was apart.. wanted to check the thing with the tiny (grrr) screws now its all in place again..

Double check where the two main tabs of the black cable insert to make sure they are inserted correctly and fully.

all the 5 tabs are all the way in till the white line.. checked with lens and bright light no cracks or scratch or other physical damage as i can see on flex and its contacts..

Hmmm,,,just sounds like a bad black flat cable.
thats what i think.. but how can i understand that its on the way to trash if i cannot see any damage?? is that any other way to check a flex ex if it loses its flexibility??

thats what i think.. but how can i understand that its on the way to trash if i cannot see any damage?? is that any other way to check a flex ex if it loses its flexibility??
Those pesky flat cables are pretty sensitive. It doesn’t take much for them to get messed up. I personally don’t know of any way to test them. I suppose you could do a continuity test on them. Use a magnifying glass and trace out each path. It would be pretty time consuming.

Use a magnifying glass and trace out each path. It would be pretty time consuming.

thats what i was meaning by sayin "lens" before.. and i d better wait for next week for everybody to be back in business from vacation to order a new flex to give it a try..

thanks for your time ?

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan