Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Weird flashing combo after crash

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Gorlo, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Gorlo

After 5 months of flying, I'm embarrassed to admit I crashed my drone into a light post as I was doing a beautiful 'pull out' shot. I was looking at my screen, not the drone. I was sure I have enough elevation; but heard the sickening thud and went to pick up the pieces on the ground.

Two broken props, a cracked airframe and cracked battery (as it impacted on the pave).
    Connected it to the app and recalibrated the IMU. I am getting Wi-Fi and camera feed. I opened the unit and checked all connectors. The GPS unit connector was loose and now is secured. The GPS unit itself is not cracked.

When I turn it on the back lights have a strange combo, not listed in the manual: The leg to the left of the battery has a slow green light, but the leg to the right of the battery has a slow yellow light. Both are flashing at the same time, but not the same color. I don't know what to make of that.

Any ideas folks?

2. flyNfrank

I think it may be saying you have a faulty ecu or motor?

3. Gorlo

How would a newbie narrow that down for sure? BTW - I'm not a hobbyist, so opening the unit to check connections was quite an event.