Weatherproof case for your P3

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have found this case on ebay which is weatherproof and can stand underwater for 30 minutes. It says its $200 regular, but they are around $150-$180 online. Anyways, this guy is selling the case for $89 with free shipping, I mean the case looks really durable and the reviews were all good. The brand is Monoprice, I am not familiar with the case brands but I've never heard of it before. Here's the link. I think it is a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371286979185

Good looking case. Any one had any experience with cutting the foam to fit? Would be good to be able to customise the layout of your case.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks simple enough

the foam is pre sliced into smaller cubes to make it easier to customize
I do not like the pick and pluck it doesn't hold up to repeated use.

I built one of these for foam cutting (not mine) works amazingly well and pretty cheap.

Also get one of these for tracing
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Long-...0146863&sr=8-1&keywords=thin+foam+marking+pen

I do not like the pick and pluck it doesn't hold up to repeated use.

I built one of these for foam cutting (not mine) works amazingly well and pretty cheap.

Also get one of these for tracing
http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Long-...0146863&sr=8-1&keywords=thin+foam+marking+pen

You are definitely right. I bought it because it was a good deal and I thought when it started to get loose I can replace just the foam for first 2 layers for around $10. I still think it is a good deal man the rolling phantom cases were around $250 just because it says it fits to Phantom. But it may not be, as I said I am new to this. What do you think?
A lot of people are going to need cases for their new P3 thats why I posted

You are definitely right. I bought it because it was a good deal and I thought when it started to get loose I can replace just the foam for first 2 layers for around $10. I still think it is a good deal man the rolling phantom cases were around $250 just because it says it fits to Phantom. But it may not be, as I said I am new to this. What do you think?
A lot of people are going to need cases for their new P3 thats why I posted
As long as you know you may have to replace foam then it's no big deal. I have a Pelican 1510 that I just setup for my P2V+ that I returned so I ordered new foam that's not pick and pluck it was very reasonably priced. Yours is a good deal for the price my 1510 was about $140.

I don't think it is tall enough to fit the P3. Internal dimensions 20.51" x 10.94" x 7.48". It also looks like it has depressions for the wheels and possibly for the retractable handle making the 7.48" even shorter. Please let us know when you get it if it will fit as it seems to be a good alterative P3 case.

I don't think it is tall enough to fit the P3. Internal dimensions 20.51" x 10.94" x 7.48". It also looks like it has depressions for the wheels and possibly for the retractable handle making the 7.48" even shorter. Please let us know when you get it if it will fit as it seems to be a good alterative P3 case.
I keep my P2V in a Duratool 22-14355 which is 8" high internal and it barely fits. With the P3 even taller, I expect to need a new case. It is interesting that the case discussed here has a big difference between external (9.76") and internal (7.48") height. (With my Duratool case it was 8.5" and 8"). Maybe the difference is the space taken by the handle.

Check out Go Professional Cases. Our brand new Phantom 3 case is available for pre-order now. As always we use closed cell water jet cut foam for durability and precise fit. The SKB cases are lightweight, waterproof, dust proof, air tight, and have a lifetime warranty. GoProfessionalCases.com

Reactions: Fplvert
Check out Go Professional Cases. Our brand new Phantom 3 case is available for pre-order now. As always we use closed cell water jet cut foam for durability and precise fit. The SKB cases are lightweight, waterproof, dust proof, air tight, and have a lifetime warranty. GoProfessionalCases.com

I've got one on order. Any ideas when they will be available?

Where? I tried your search function too, cannot find it.

Reactions: Siebo224

Does it fit with the props on?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic