weak transmission signal

Reaction score
hi i have a p3 advanced and i always get weak transmission signal at around 200m. it will never fly beyond 400m before disconnecting and rth. i can fly it directly above beyond 200m and the signal is fine. ive re calibrated the imu and controller and it has the latest firmware. ive also flown it in different locations but i always get the weak transmission signal. any help would be greatly appreciated as its just not usable like this

which way are your RC antenna pointed? Based on the fact you can fly straight up past 200m, I'd surmise your antenna are pointed straight out, when instead they should be aligned perpendicular to the horizon.

Reactions: Oso
This video explains how to position the antennas:

ive tried them in every available position but its still the same, usually i have them half way between flat and straight up

Do you have a friend in the area or someone at a local hobby shop willing to bind their controller to your bird for a test flight? See if the problem repeats. If it does not, I would suspect a broken wire on the antenna, or something with the controller. What is the model # of the controller? GL300 A, B , or C? Just curious.

Also when the signal starts to drop, gain some altitude. The flat part of the antennas need to be facing the Phantom. So if you are flying to your left, try turning your body to face the Phantom so that the antennas also face that way. The signal on these does not penetrate at all. So if a tree or foliage, house, building, hill etc get between you and the Phantom, it will lose connection fairly quickly.

its a GL300C. im always facing the drone with the antennas facing it flat. usually fly at 40-50 meters. ive also tried re linking the controller

Tony,

Any chance of getting someone from the LHS to help. Bind with another controller to rule it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj