Weak signal on 4 days old P4

Reaction score
I'v has my P4 since tuesday, but everytime i try to fly farther away than 1km (aprox. 3000ft), in clear sight, i lose the signal. Yes I'v tried placing the antennas in every possible possition, I'v tried flying it at any hight between 20m and 500m, I also thought I could try to customize the radio-channel, but it won't allow me to do that..

So to make it a bit easier to understand..
Does anyone else get this problem, and do you know how to fix it?
And does anyone know why I can't customize the radio channel?

It depends a lot on your flying environment. Try get a some cheap windsurfers, that should help a little.

I'v has my P4 since tuesday, but everytime i try to fly farther away than 1km (aprox. 3000ft), in clear sight, i lose the signal. Yes I'v tried placing the antennas in every possible possition, I'v tried flying it at any hight between 20m and 500m, I also thought I could try to customize the radio-channel, but it won't allow me to do that..

So to make it a bit easier to understand..
Does anyone else get this problem, and do you know how to fix it?
And does anyone know why I can't customize the radio channel?
I get the same thing with stock antenna at 3000ft in my neighborhood too. All kinds of wi-fi routers are mainly the cause I've been told. I have gone over 8000ft out in the country at a fairly high spot in our hilly county with my stock P4. Still full bars there too. So I will push it to two miles eventually. It's totally all about your location, the terrain, and your altitude! Higher you go the more range you get. An antenna mod like the Itelite DBS from Jake at www.maxxuav should help a good deal in a cluttered area for sure. Prob even double your range if not more. I have had mine for two weeks now and just have not installed it yet as I am not flying in my neighborhood that much. The kit is 140-150 bucks for the antenna. You have to crack the case on your TX to do this mod. And just know that it does void your DJI warranty. But it's a pretty simple mod. Youtube vids to show you how to do it. Just throwing it out there.

When I first started flying, when I got beyond 500 meters (about 1500 feet), the video signal would sometimes break up or freeze for a second or two. This was in the open country flying over wheat and hay fields.

In the DJI Go HD option, I custom locked the channel to channel 20. After that I managed to get out 2500 meters (8200 feet) before I had problems. The video signal was solid the whole way, but the control signal broke up and the craft went into return to home mode.

I chose channel 20, because after watching the HD menu for about 5 minutes, that channel had the least interference. It might be different for others depending on local conditions.

Actually, I'm very happy with 2.5 Kilometers.. I don't have the courage to go further :)

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Same problem with P4 weak signal at 1km or lest. Flaying on hills , beaches lost signal and back home

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Location Location Location , The more I read these post the more I hear that the environment has profound effect on distance. I live in northern Ontario and if I would fly going north I could fly to James Bay without going over any towns. I fly over 12000 feet with full bars. When the weather gets better and my Trackimo gets here I will test for maximum distance. Up here is mostly spruce trees with logging road access and finding a downed bird would be virtually impossible.

You should get the 32 channel hack, it's easy and let's you pick above 20, I'm on ch30 and usually at 6mb and I do 3500 ft, covered in 90' trees, and I'm in a lake area vacation resort area lousy with WiFi noise, I use the hack and the original DBS antenna (I have the boosters ordered on the way, and that huge beastly new antenna, I like to not have to leave my back yard to fly, so power and dB are what's it's all about!
I punch through trees and houses and everything else, in the open I've been past a mile, but get scared, Even at full bars, a mile out is impressive

Your flying environment is the biggest factor. I flew in a wifi/cellular free zone over the weekend and went out 20,000 ft (one way) with no issues completely stock. Yesterday I flew in a more signal congested area and only flew 5,000 ft before getting weak image signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31