Weak RC Signal 25 feet off the ground

Reaction score
I'm new and cannot figure out why i can't fly my phantom 3 standard more than 25 feet high without my RC signal failing? Is there something in settings I didn't do correctly? Thanks!

Antennae aimed properly?

Location, any local interference? Cell phone or Bluetooth?

hmm, good question? i use my iPhone 6 and i don't think i turn my bluetooth off. I will check that...hopefully that's all it is. Thanks fordruid. I will let you know if that's the problem.

hmm, good question? i use my iPhone 6 and i don't think i turn my bluetooth off. I will check that...hopefully that's all it is. Thanks fordruid. I will let you know if that's the problem.
It's recommended to turn off the WiFi one your tablet or smartphone when flying.

It's recommended to turn off the WiFi one your tablet or smartphone when flying.
This is not possible since the mobile device needs to use Wi-Fi to connect to the remote controller. However, it would be okay to enable airplane mode and then turn Wi-Fi on.

Is there something in settings I didn't do correctly?
There are no settings in DJI GO that would cause this to occur. Here are some things to try:

1) Make sure you're pointing the remote controller antenna like this:

P3-Antenna-Position-Single.jpg

2) Try flying in a different location. This will rule out a potential interference issue.

3) Check that the antenna is not damaged on your remote controller. If you think this might be the case, you could open your remote controller to inspect the antenna wire more closely.

This is not possible since the mobile device needs to use Wi-Fi to connect to the remote controller. However, it would be okay to enable airplane mode and then turn Wi-Fi on.
On the Phantom P3A

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31