Waypoint Misson not focusing on POI

Reaction score
Hi all, I seem to be having a bit of a problem using Litchi, I've only had my Phantom a few days and have only been using Litchi today for the first time properly.

I made a waypoint mission, following plenty of videos on Youtube on how to do it, and I set the POI as my house, and set the height of it to 3ft. I made a route that went around my house and back to myself in the park opposite as a quick test. I set the gimbal setting to Focus POI to get the gimbal angle, and then switched the waypoints to interpolate for a smooth adjustment all the way around.

When I went back through the footage I've noticed that the gimbal is pointing way too high, the drone is facing the right direction and the gimbal has moved down slightly since it took off at the first waypoint, but it's not actually pointing down at my house.

The angle set seems right (79 degrees at max) but it is definitely not pointing that low.

Have I got something confused here? can anybody help me?

Oh and I should probably mention, when using orbit mode within litchi it moves the gimbal and focuses on the POI no problem

Hafta set the way points involved to focus on POI#. Click each way point involved, scroll down in its window, set POI active and to what number POI (more than one can be set).

And re-save.

And re-save.

Thanks I will give this a try, I did originally set them to Focus POI, I changed it to Interpolate after so that it would be a nice smooth transition, rather than it flying to each waypoint then moving. The same angle is set whether I choose Focus POI or Interpolate

Also need to have paths set to straight, not curved.

Thanks I will give this a try, I did originally set them to Focus POI, I changed it to Interpolate after so that it would be a nice smooth transition, rather than it flying to each waypoint then moving. The same angle is set whether I choose Focus POI or Interpolate
Setting to :focus poi is only half the step. You need to set the # of the POI (below that)

In each of involved way points.

Did you click on each way point and set it there?

Capture1_zpsvtosp37y.png

Capture2_zpsrszqzwzu.png

Capture_zpsrxrvw3x0.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The POI is the house in the bottom left corner at the beginning of the video

Ok, you are using HUB to plan. But, You need to (on display device you fly with), click on each way point. Set POI there, re-save.

Ok I think I've found the reason behind this. I've been reading on the litchi site and it does say that it will only adjust the gimbal when in range of the controller. Because I only have the standard and it has no sort of extender or anything attached it was out of range when it reached the house. So that's probably why

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.