Was this Firmware upgrade successful?

OK. I got my iPad and it works fine. I just noticed something on the screen for the RC FW update. Take a close look and you can see it wants me to download "Inspire" FW. The remote is a white GL300A.I cant link the RC to the AC because of the FW issue. I've tried loading the newest and 3 previous P3 Pro firmware releases on a USB stick with SD card, inserting it in the RC and powering it on but it never starts the blue light or beeping. Just sits there with a red light.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction. This is getting nerve wracking.
I currently have v1.2.6 FW installed on the RC.
Thanks all..
Rob

Attachments

• P3 Pro Remote problem.jpg
    P3 Pro Remote problem.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 176
I have 1.11.20 installed on the AC. The GO app says the RC firmware version is 1.2.6 and needs to be upgraded.
I tried to install the 4 previous versions from v01.07.0060 to v01.11.0020 and all of the logs say "

Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_Vxxx.xxx.xxx.bin
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

Anybody care to try and figure out why the log says I have the latest FW but the App says I have 1.2.6 on the RC and need an update to connect to the AC?
I'm still getting the "Aircraft Disconnected" message at the top of the App screen. I did manage to link the RC and the AC but still get "Aircraft Disconnected".
Thanks.

I have 1.11.20 installed on the AC. The GO app says the RC firmware version is 1.2.6 and needs to be upgraded.
I tried to install the 4 previous versions from v01.07.0060 to v01.11.0020 and all of the logs say "

Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_Vxxx.xxx.xxx.bin
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.
Do you know that with AC FW v1.10 and later DJI removed the ability to easily downgrade? That would mean of course if you have AC FW 1.11 as you noted that you would need to use unofficial and risky (with v1.11) means to downgrade. The unofficial means were much less risky with v1.10. If you have been trying to downgrade your AC by using the normal update process, then seeing the message you see is what should be expected with regards to AC updating.

If you are getting this message while trying to update your RC, then things are a little strange. If you do indeed have RC FW v1.2.6, you know from previous posts in this thread that you need to go to at least 1.3.2 first, and in the past that has always meant using the old legacy USB stick method before proceeding higher via the app only. Since there is no such thing as a downloadable RC .bin file after 1.3.2 / 1.4.1, if you are getting this message while trying to update your RC it could mean the RC simply does not understand the AC only FW .bin file that you are trying to install on the RC. Just a guess on the error message, and also just a guess that you are trying to use AC FW on your RC.

Anybody care to try and figure out why the log says I have the latest FW but the App says I have 1.2.6 on the RC and need an update to connect to the AC?
I'm still getting the "Aircraft Disconnected" message at the top of the App screen. I did manage to link the RC and the AC but still get "Aircraft Disconnected".
Thanks.
The normal RESULTS_AB log shows the results of FW checks on your AC and doesn't show RC versions. I'm assuming that you know the AC and RC versions were the same with early versions back when one file was used to update both. Once DJI switched to updating the RC via the app, the versions diverged and there was no longer a downloadable .bin file for RC updating. As you already know from previous posts in this thread, the AC FW version you have installed requires you to have RC FW 1.6 or later. This is due to an encryption change in April 2016 which you may have seen in this post linked earlier in the thread. If you do indeed have 1.2.6, then seeing an update required message is what should be expected.

Side note - I'd still like to see your LOG_AB file. I know you said that you already show hidden files, but are you checking an SD card that hasn't been used for a FW check since being last formatted? If so, try the tip at the very bottom of the LOG_AB post. Specifically this: The LOG_AB file is written by your AC and will remain on your SD card until you format the card. If you are showing hidden files and still do not see a file named exactly as above, you have likely deleted the LOG_AB file with an SD card formatting. You will need to get your AC to write the file again. What we routinely tell people is to put a very old FW .bin file alone in the root of the SD card. It should be older than your current AC FW so that it is sure to fail when you start up your AC. Your AC will write the LOG_AB file again and you should be able to see it.

Last edited:
. If you do indeed have 1.2.6, then seeing an update required message is what should be expected.
Can you please tell me if it's possible to upgrade my Controller above 1.2.6? This is all new to me. I didn't have any issues updating my P3 Standard. The option to upgrade via the App is not available and I've tried most versions via USB with no success.
The RC v 1.2.6 seems to be the issue that's keeping me from connecting although I can sometimes roll the gimbal, take videos, see the battery status, use C1/C2 buttons etc but it's intermittent and I've never had an image on the screen from the camera. I hope that helps.
Thanks again Oso

I've never had an image on the screen from the camera. I hope that helps.
Thanks again Oso
This is one of the reasons why seeing the LOG_AB file is so important. As you read in the LOG_AB post, it shows specific modules and we can see if you have the common problem of a bad gimbal top (main board) which normally presents as modules 8/15 showing as "device not detected." This is info is not present in the routine RESULTS_AB file.

You may have seen in one of the linked posts that P3P can easily overheat if left powered on without props running unless you use some sort of small house fan blowing on the gimbal. That's why we so often advise people to use a fan and it is shown in the FW update guide. When a P3P overheats, it damages certain components and the result is that there is no image from the camera. You can read more about that here. I'm not saying that you have this issue, just that it's something common and is one of the helpful bits of data which shows only in the LOG_AB.

Can you please tell me if it's possible to upgrade my Controller above 1.2.6? This is all new to me. I didn't have any issues updating my P3 Standard. The option to upgrade via the App is not available and I've tried most versions via USB with no success.
The RC v 1.2.6 seems to be the issue that's keeping me from connecting although I can sometimes roll the gimbal, take videos, see the battery status, use C1/C2 buttons etc but it's intermittent and I've never had an image on the screen from the camera. I hope that helps.
Thanks again Oso
Assuming you do have v1.2.6 on your RC, if it were mine I would install 1.3.2 on my RC via the old USB stick method and then follow that up by trying to update my RC (again) via the app. As we've learned, you do have a 300A so you may need to also install 1.4 via the old USB method also before then using the app after that point.

If this does not work, I can only say that perhaps you are not doing something correctly, your RC has a version higher than is showing, or there is some mechanical issue.

SOLVED!!!! Sort of...
Well. I bought a used P3 Pro remote controller from eBay. It showed up, I plugged it in, it prompted me to download and update the FW to the newest version and all went smooth. All 4 of my Android and 2 Mac devices worked flawlessly which surprised me. I had to link it to my P3 Pro but it was working 99%. The problem is that i'm now greeted with the "No Image Transmission Signal" . From reading the FW log and research it turns out something in the camera is broken as as someone mentioned earlier on in this long thread. I started a return on the P3 pro through eBay and while I was there I bought a used Phantom 4 with spare batteries and other extras which should arrive in two days. Lets hope for better luck with the P4.
I now have a spare P3 Adv/Pro remote controller in excellent condition if anybody is in need as well as a few very low charged time Dji P3 batteries that I wont be needing anymore.

I'd like to thank everybody for all their help on this matter. You guys are great!!!
Thanks again.
Rob.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl