Warranty with Litchi

Reaction score
I asked DJI about their warranty and using third party apps, here's their response.

Text:
Hello,

I hope this email is going to the right person, please redirect it if
it's not.

I've recently been intrigued by the use of third party apps (namely
Litchi) and was wondering if using one would void the warranty on my Phantom 3 Advanced. While app development appears to be encouraged via the SDK, the online warranty text was not very specific. On the off chance something were to happen, I want to make sure I'd be covered.

Thank you,

Jacob Hoehler
-----------------------------
Dear Jacob Hoehler,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Since It's a third party application. It maybe works but we cannot guaranty the safety of using it.
Using the Litchi App can void the warranty depends on how the phantom crash and also the result of diagnosis. We never recommend our customer to use a third party application because it doesn't support by DJI.

Thank you so much for understanding and support in DJI.

--------------------------------------------
Gretchen,
Thank you for the reply. So if there's a hardware failure on the Phantom while using Litchi it would still be covered. It's only if Litchi causes the malfunction that DJI will not cover it, correct?
Also, if DJI doesn't support 3rd party apps, why is there an official SDK?
Thank you,
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Yes, Mr. Hoehler you got my point. Regarding the SDK, In DJI we are giving a chance for all developers if they can create an Application that can be reliable. Of course the decision ends in our part. As we always do to our customer we recommend the best option.

Thank you so much for your support and trust in DJI.
[file]Litchi Chat|thumb|none[/file]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20