WARNING Strong Interference DJI response

Ive started a case with dji, see what they say, to be honest don't wanna send it away and get a rough looking unit back, Also still belive its software related and maybe not a physical issue, ( doesn't seem to have affected anyones flying ability )

I think everyone who is getting this warning message should contact dji, I really believe its a software issue and if everyone contacts them it might make them aware of it and fix it..

I think everyone who is getting this warning message should contact dji, I really believe its a software issue and if everyone contacts them it might make them aware of it and fix it..
I agree, if DJI is going to address the issue they need to hear and hear and hear!

YES!! I did... and I got a reply, was advised to do an IMU calibration, but I AGREE COMPLETELY, as I said in my post about it, they need to know before they can fix it!!

There's no saying that's the cure yet so I'm anxious to see what others are told.

Jeff
Still-Stock P3S

Imu did jack for me. Don't see how it would anyways. Imu is inertia measurement unit.

Interesting I thought the IMU was related to the navigational systems.

Yeah, that's seems like a "buying time" suggestion, but maybe someone smarter knows something different.

Agreed on the "buying time". That's what it felt like, but that was the official DJI info I got, I'm just passing it along.

That said, something changed because I'm not getting the errors any more.

Jeff

Reactions: Dazzauk
when i fly at home in the country i go 11000 ft no problem with 3 alfas. in the city i go 2000ft with numerous warnings. at 4000ft in city it returns home.

Yes, I forgot about the IMU calibration. I did that too, on the advice of a DJI email.

I personally believe that it was either the FW update or the IMU calibration, but now I'm sorry to hear it's back for you Littlepig (not gonna lie, feels funny calling you that!)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The IMU calibration is recommended by DJI early on after a FW update
Most folks didn't do so and had no issues so they got away from doing the IMU after updates

The IMU calibration combines data from its internal sensors and adds in the Compass data
so it would make sense the IMU could in fact solve this compass interference.

basically the "set" threshold point was bad or corrupt so the interference message appears

the IMU cal brings the "set" point to a normal point and all is good....

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: jwmcgrath
The IMU calibration is recommended by DJI early on after a FW update
Most folks didn't do so and had no issues so they got away from doing the IMU after updates

The IMU calibration combines data from its internal sensors and adds in the Compass data
so it would make sense the IMU could in fact solve this compass interference.

basically the "set" threshold point was bad or corrupt so the interference message appears

the IMU cal brings the "set" point to a normal point and all is good....

It's good to try and make sense of it.

I was getting the non-stop warnings like others are... NON-STOP, but haven't had one since both the update and the IMU calibration. The only other change is I use an iPad now.

So to me, one of those three had an effect. It's nice that it's gone and I hope it stays gone because it's incredibly annoying.

Jeff

It's good to try and make sense of it.

I was getting the non-stop warnings like others are... NON-STOP, but haven't had one since both the update and the IMU calibration. The only other change is I use an iPad now.

So to me, one of those three had an effect. It's nice that it's gone and I hope it stays gone because it's incredibly annoying.

Jeff

if you look at the data shown onscreen during the calibration you can see compass is involved and adjusted to a zero point.

After just a couple of emails to DJI I am led to believe this warning is definitely interference with the compass. The way it has been left with DJI support for now is that they want a screenshot of my imu calibration page to check the mod values of the compass.

I didn't see compass readings zero on an IMU calibration either.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

After just a couple of emails to DJI I am led to believe this warning is definitely interference with the compass. The way it has been left with DJI support for now is that they want a screenshot of my imu calibration page to check the mod values of the compass.

No, they definitely didn't go to all zeros.

And I was very careful to check that the surface I used perfectly level.

Jeff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl