Help analyzing log to help with DJI repair case.

Reaction score
Folks, I'd like to ask for some expert help looking at my last log before sending my drone for repair. Here is an abbreviated version of my story so far:

Drone crashed some weeks ago. Sent to DDS and they replaced Yaw Motor, lower shell, landing gear. Could not get OA working. Sent it back to me saying that I need to send to DJI for OA fix.

I test fly the drone a couple times before sending to DJI. Drone flew fine. Gimbal worked fine. Got some nice video. Only OA not working.

Send the drone to DJI for OA. I get a repair quote which includes problems I never had. I think they are looking at somebody else's drone but so far are not admitting to that.

The pertinent info to my post here is that they claim(among other things) that the gimbal is intermittently limp and want to change gimbal IMU module, pitch, roll and yaw motors (even though DDS clearly replaced the yaw motor already). They say that the gps isn't working and it's stuck in ATTI mode so they want to replace the GPS module. Clearly I know these problems didn't exist when I test flew it before shipping. The log file I am attaching the link to is the final test flight. As much as I can tell myself it clearly shows P-GPS mode and no ATTI mode. I don't know enough about the other parameters to see of maybe there is some legitimate problem they saw with the gimbal even though I saw no evidence in my test flight and videos.

Can the experts have a look at the verbose version of this and see if there is *anything* they can hang their hat on? I have a call tomorrow with a supervisor to discuss. I'm not looking to cause trouble. If there is stuff in the log that indicates they have valid points I'm all ears. Otherwise I want to make the case for them to make sure they are looking at my drone (and to maybe for them to analyze the A/C logs and tell me why they think all these things are wrong).

Thanks guys!
Bill

they claim(among other things) that the gimbal is intermittently limp and want to change gimbal IMU module, pitch, roll and yaw motors (even though DDS clearly replaced the yaw motor already). They say that the gps isn't working and it's stuck in ATTI mode so they want to replace the GPS module.
The flight data shows the gimbal demonstrating the full range of movement during the flight and it appears to be normal with no indication of being intermittently limp.
As you've seen, there's no problem with GPS and the drone is not stuck in atti mode.
It sounds a lot like they are looking at the data from someone else.

The flight data shows the gimbal demonstrating the full range of movement during the flight and it appears to be normal with no indication of being intermittently limp.
As you've seen, there's no problem with GPS and the drone is not stuck in atti mode.
Thank you.

I do appreciate you looking into it so quickly. I’ll post back what happens. They also posted closeup photos of drone damage that I do not believe was there when I shipped to them (after DDS had already repaired stuff. And what looks like a QR code (possibly serial no) sticker on the back of the gimbal which was not on mine. Unless they put that ok when they receive it for repair.

You have the serial number. Ask if it matches the one they are working on.
With DJI when things go good it’s great. When they go bad, it’s worse then a nightmare. Good luck. They are very stubborn even when you throw the facts into their face. They do the switch to the manager or have to wait for a decision to just get to a crazy state.

You have the serial number. Ask if it matches the one they are working on.
With DJI when things go good it’s great. When they go bad, it’s worse then a nightmare. Good luck. They are very stubborn even when you throw the facts into their face. They do the switch to the manager or have to wait for a decision to just get to a crazy state.
They are claiming it’s my serial number. I’ve asked for a picture that shows damage and serial number in the same frame. He says he will ask but no guarantee they will do that. 24-48 hours for that request. Also he claims to be looking at pictures that show my serial number (but not including damage). He has more pics than were posted on the repair quote web page. I requested all photos to be posted so I can see them. I got the same answer. Oh and one of the pictures shows a limp gimbal. But that’s how it hangs when the drone is powered off.

Reactions: BigAl07
@Meta4 ,

Can I ask another favor? Do you see anything in that verbose log to indicate why OA does not detect obstacles? The sensors calibrate successfully. But it never sees obstacles. DDS couldn’t find the cause. I’m not sure if DJI has. Still trying to get a call back.

Thanks!

Can I ask another favor? Do you see anything in that verbose log to indicate why OA does not detect obstacles? The sensors calibrate successfully. But it never sees obstacles. DDS couldn’t find the cause. I’m not sure if DJI has. Still trying to get a call back.
The flight log data indicates that the obstacle avoidance is not enabled for that flight.
If you have it switched on in the app, there must be a bad connection or a non-functioning component.

The flight log data indicates that the obstacle avoidance is not enabled for that flight.
If you have it switched on in the app, there must be a bad connection or a non-functioning component.
Thank you for replying. I was offline and also had trouble with my email and was locked out of the forum. All seems to be working with my forum access now. So you can disregard my message over at Mavicpilots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj