Warning regarding iOS app "UAV Forecast" version 1.5.5.

Reaction score
I have been evaluating this and some other UAV-oriented weather apps for the past few weeks.

Just now, I was looking at the forecast, and went to press the home button to go to the home screen. Just before I did that, the app, without ANY prompting, displayed a purchase confirmation for a "$23.99 Hobby subscription" in-app purchase. Because I have thumb-print active, it just cost me $24 to press my home key.

I'm an app developer myself, and I have no problem paying for apps, but this was SCUMMY AF.

If Apple's support site wasn't saying "We're sorry, we cannot process your request right now", I'd be challenging this purchase with them too.

So at least for now, avoid this one. Super shady.

I'd still contact them and tell it was purchased inadvertently. It's worked for me in the past, thanks to my boys.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been using that app several times a week for almost a year now and have never had any problems. I'm not discounting your experience, however, and I appreciate the warning.

As far as I know, I think that the app is free, giving only 24 hours forecast parameters. Last summer I paid for the possibility to have one week forecast tables, and this has worked well until the end of 2916. Last week, when opening the app, it asked me with a prompt to renew, and I denied it. Now I continue to use it as I did initially: with only one day forecast tables

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl