WARNING: DO NOT USE A CHEAP CORD

Reaction score
Today I used a cheap cord to connect between the RC and my iPad, while flying I get disconnect suddenly on my iPad with no video streaming!

Thanks god I've a visual contact with my P4 although it was 70 m away so I landed back home safe.

When I change the cord to the original one it's works normal again.

Always use original cable or good brand.

God speed

Meshal

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's advisable to use reputed brand cable and also advices to keep a spare with you all the times as these cables have limited life.

Today I used a cheap cord to connect between the RC and my iPad, while flying I get disconnect suddenly on my iPad with no video streaming!

Thanks god I've a visual contact with my P4 although it was 70 m away so I landed back home safe.

When I change the cord to the original one it's works normal again.

Always use original cable or good brand.

God speed

Meshal

I learned this lesson when my P3P disconnected from the RC mid flight. I had bought a spurious Lightning cable from a dealer who claimed it was genuine. Apple website has an online checker for cables and connectors so it is advisable to use it. After I ppurchased a genuine cable, the problem ceased. Never buy cheap over genuine when it comes to Apple.

Last edited:
Good advice. There are a large number of "Apple Certified" lightning/USB cables on Amazon and especially ebay that are cheap Chinese knockoffs that have no certification whatsoever.

I use the short steel braided cord for iPad that's apple approved. Very tough product. I've bought several for the other P3 and 4. $8.00 shipped

I learned this lesson also. I bought a cheap three pack. They look great with metal braiding but always had intermittent problems with signal. I just kept swapping them out. Then one day I lost all signal completely instantly when the bird was 2000 feet away over a forest. Talk about freaking out. Well I went through all kinds of scenarios of what the bird would do. Was the RC still connected? Will it come home? I can't rember if I hit RTH and now know I should have just shut off the RC. Basically, I was numb and I just waited. Low and behold, what seemed like an eternity but about 5 minutes, I heard the bird coming home and it landed exactly where it took off. So as I was happily seeing the bird coming down to land, I then realized ITS GONG TO HIT THE 4 WHEELER! I take off a lot from there. So I cranked it up and moved it out of the way. The darn thing landed nearly right where it took off from. It was my first RTH ordeal and I hope my last. Safe to say, I went home and ordered some new reputable cords. I still don't know if you can have a bad cord and still be connected to the RC? I suppose you can.

I learned this lesson also. I bought a cheap three pack. They look great with metal braiding but always had intermittent problems with signal. I just kept swapping them out. Then one day I lost all signal completely instantly when the bird was 2000 feet away over a forest. Talk about freaking out. Well I went through all kinds of scenarios of what the bird would do. Was the RC still connected? Will it come home? I can't rember if I hit RTH and now know I should have just shut off the RC. Basically, I was numb and I just waited. Low and behold, what seemed like an eternity but about 5 minutes, I heard the bird coming home and it landed exactly where it took off. So as I was happily seeing the bird coming down to land, I then realized ITS GONG TO HIT THE 4 WHEELER! I take off a lot from there. So I cranked it up and moved it out of the way. The darn thing landed nearly right where it took off from. It was my first RTH ordeal and I hope my last. Safe to say, I went home and ordered some new reputable cords. I still don't know if you can have a bad cord and still be connected to the RC? I suppose you can.

No need to freak out. Just hit the return to home button on the transmitter. It's also good policy to make your home point somewhat wide open without nearby obstacles like your 4 wheeler. They're pretty good about landing on the home point but often will vary a few feet here or there.

ok so which one of these cords will work with android tablets?
thx D
All of those Cambond cables are for Apple devices only. Try this Anker cable if you're looking for something similar for an Android device.

Last edited:
Here is what I got on Amazon

Anker PowerLine Micro USB (3ft) - Durable Charging Cable, with 10000+ Bend Lifespan for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More
by Anker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31