Wanting to do nightlights

I have these for night flying, and for just a show, they are cool. I do not video at night because where i go it is dark. But these plus the normal drone lights look so cool. Plus the front of the drone is easy to see from the ground because the front lights are the white ones and the rear lights are another color. Enjoy!
DJI Phantom 3 LED Light Kit

As a photographer, I recommend flying "dusk for night". In other words, right after sunset, when lights are on but there is still a glow in the sky. This is best for exposure as in REAL night there is very little definition in dark objects and your 4k camera will pick up lots of video grain.

Reactions: Santiego
Hey there! Slightly off topic but are you trying to shoot out of Curtis Hixon downtown, or on the UT side of the river? I would like that CH Park has decent lighting and was thinking of trying the same thing. I'm pretty new to flying, but live right over the bridge in St Pete and am head to Tampa regularly. If you want a second set of eyes on the bird or to collaborate, let me know!

wow we need all the st pete and tampa people get together one weekend ck out each others setups and due some flying

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Heck yeah! I have been toying around at Walter Fuller Park and Gandy Beach lately but want to branch out! Plus, as a noob I wouldn't mind some pointers and helping each other.

I'm by palm harbor we have a lot places good to fly around here honeymoon island howards park yep have to get everyone together one of these weekends

Hey there! Slightly off topic but are you trying to shoot out of Curtis Hixon downtown, or on the UT side of the river? I would like that CH Park has decent lighting and was thinking of trying the same thing. I'm pretty new to flying, but live right over the bridge in St Pete and am head to Tampa regularly. If you want a second set of eyes on the bird or to collaborate, let me know!
I want Curtis hixon side. As it is clear of trees. And you can get the beer can building as well as the beautiful architecture of university of Tampa.
Lots of trees on ut side.
Also. I only live 5 mins from Curtis hixon. That is on foot. Hehehe. In a car. 2 mins. I see it out of my window. Yes. Two or three birds together would be awesome. We could get some great footage. Birds filming birds too. As long as you are. It scared. As people would watch for sure hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I'm by palm harbor we have a lot places good to fly around here honeymoon island howards park yep have to get everyone together one of these weekends
Agreed.

As a photographer, I recommend flying "dusk for night". In other words, right after sunset, when lights are on but there is still a glow in the sky. This is best for exposure as in REAL night there is very little definition in dark objects and your 4k camera will pick up lots of video grain.
This is exactly what I did. Even without a clue. Got some great colors in video above.

we need some stickers made for are drones / can say drone life with a pic of a phantom instead of salt life I no tony and pprop know what I'm talking about

we need some stickers made for are drones / can say drone life with a pic of a phantom instead of salt life I no tony and pprop know what I'm talking about

Good call! Hopefully we can chose a font that's better than the salt life one. I swear that it reads as something MUCH different than salt!

I'm down for a Curtis Hixon shoot any time really. I haven't been down there for a bit, but security was super pretty tame and cool back when I'd go at night. Can't imagine they would mind us flying as long as we aren't dangerously close to the buildings, which would be a poor idea anyway. The Amphitheater area of the park probably looks awesome from above!

Also, I'm assuming you've seen this footage shot from CH and downtown that includes night time shots?

I saw that video before. Dude was using goggles. And was very. Lose to everything. That would be awesome to have goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20