Wanting to do nightlights

Some of my favorite images are from at night but it is definitely nerve racking. Here is a compilation hyperlapse of some of my night flights.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are these true hyperlapses in that you did individual photos and then stitched them together for a video or did you do the video and speed them up with some hyperlapse software?

Are these true hyperlapses in that you did individual photos and then stitched them together for a video or did you do the video and speed them up with some hyperlapse software?
Nevermind, i see Microsoft hyperlapse software now. That is good stuff, i used it myself too and have been really impressed.

Not sure why you would need any help seeing it at night. The lights are plenty bright. I flew mine 300feet up and 2100 put and could see it just fine.
Nevermind, i see Microsoft hyperlapse software now. That is good stuff, i used it myself too and have been really impressed.
Apparently he used the hyperlapse software to stabilize a video and either sped up there too or sped up in final cut pro. I don't think its the true definition of a hyperlapse but its still cool.

Trying to find a good site to download from. It's a lot of crap out there. Yikes.

Ok. Finally got the hyper lapse after sifting through all the crap. I have some night footage from last week on the Gulf of Mexico. It's processing. Looks like it might be some good stuff. Thanks all for helping me kind of understand. So it really is gonna take many skills to get the shots I want. Including video editing skills and not through the dji go app.

The Microsoft Hyperlapse software is also really good for being able to smooth out GoPro videos that might otherwise be kinda bouncy. You can use it with a gopro on your head during a hike and it actually does a decent job smoothing it all out.

I put in on a car in India and sped up a drive that was really long to some decent results....

Not sure why you would need any help seeing it at night. The lights are plenty bright. I flew mine 300feet up and 2100 put and could see it just fine.

Apparently he used the hyperlapse software to stabilize a video and either sped up there too or sped up in final cut pro. I don't think its the true definition of a hyperlapse but its still cool.

I would argue that even if the strict definition of hyperlapse is applied it would still qualify. What is a video but a series of images strung together and reviewed at a high rate of speed. The hard part of traditional hyperlapse (i.e. Moving tripod a set difference while maintaining focus on one target between exposures) is solved by technology (both in a very stable aerial "tripod" with a gimbal that can maintain target focus and the massive advances in stabilizing images in post). In the end I think it's all semantics.

By the way I tried doing it the more traditional way and for night time photography the camera gain is not good good enough a/o the platform of the P3P is not stabile enough to get results I would deem satisfactory).

Ok. Finally got the hyper lapse after sifting through all the crap. I have some night footage from last week on the Gulf of Mexico. It's processing. Looks like it might be some good stuff. Thanks all for helping me kind of understand. So it really is gonna take many skills to get the shots I want. Including video editing skills and not through the dji go app.

The DJI go app is ok for reviewing footage but anything beyond that for processing is not very good if you want even minimal editing/grading/etc. in my opinion. Half the fun is editing the work and post. I am still a novice but enjoy the challenge of post production as equal to the challenge of capturing the footage itself. Sometimes I'll even get a little crazy in post just for fun (as in the below, edited all in FCPX).

Really looking forward to better weather here in the north to capture some better footage to play with.

I still need help. So my question is? After I create a video. Looks like I need to do it all on my computer. I can't seem to get them to save on my iPhone except in my movie section. Which sucks. I'm trying to find a way to put them through the dji app mid that possible? I see so many videos in the app and I know they did not create them there. Thanks all again. This is tough work.

My advice is forget about files on your phone, plug your drone into your computer and drag the files into a new folder and then process the videos from the computer from then on out.

My advice is forget about files on your phone, plug your drone into your computer and drag the files into a new folder and then process the videos from the computer from then on out.
Kinda figure that is it. I did just that. If I want them seen I guess will upload to YouTube or something. The biggest issue from the files I wanted were they are in 2.7k and my phone can't handle them. Someone gave me advice how to fix that. But looks like I will not shoot in 2.7k again as it is a pain to save the files. Although they look spectacular. They are on computer but in a mov format which was my mistake. From now on it will be JPEG only.

Kinda figure that is it. I did just that. If I want them seen I guess will upload to YouTube or something. The biggest issue from the files I wanted were they are in 2.7k and my phone can't handle them. Someone gave me advice how to fix that. But looks like I will not shoot in 2.7k again as it is a pain to save the files. Although they look spectacular. They are on computer but in a mov format which was my mistake. From now on it will be JPEG only.

Depending on your computers ability and which editor you use your can continue to shoot in 2.7k and YouTube the full size video and down convert to 1080 or lower for other purposes.

I recommend shooting in mov and cutting phone completely out of equation as well. Mov because it is less compression than MPEG.

Both MOV and MP4 do not have any real effect on the encoded video qualities. They just act like containers. The choice between MOV and MP4 is simple, provided you know the area of application. Based on the place where you need to play the resulting videos, you can choose between MOV and MP4.

Perhaps that is my issue then as I am generally importing to FCPX and notice considerable playback and quality difference with mov v MP4.

The only reason I wanted to use my phone was to also use the dji go app. I at least want to edit some things on the fly. This is very knowledgable conversation about mov and MP4 files. Mov files are huge. Even 500g laptop will struggle. However I just wanted clips from
Multiple locations. Now I just found the perfect spot to get night shots without bothering people. I tried the hyper lapse. It's awesome. Have a watermark. So the key is to have slow movements. This Adobe pro is a nightmare. Information overload. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31