Wanted Bright Strobes

Reaction score
Wanted rechargable light weight strobe lights. I have used two for a couple years (name unknown) then had a mishap where one was lost at sea. Is there a vendor on here that sells them? Or a good deal on Amazon Prime? Thanks. Still looking.

Fire House Strobes are one of the most used and suggested on the forums.

@msinger (I think) has some pretty cool strobe mounting options for sale.

Here's a link with lots of information that might be helpful:

Check Alibaba.com they have FAA approved strobe lights fore drones

I know this might be "splitting hairs but.... There is no such thing as FAA approved sUAS Strobes. The FAA states the min distance a light must be visible and it's up to the manufacturer to test it if they want to say it "Meets/Exceeds FAA Standards".

Reactions: mossphotography
Check the site the manufacturer state they are FAA approved, If you don't like them don't use them--

Check the site the manufacturer state they are FAA approved, If you don't like them don't use them--

I wasn't trying to be mean or rude I was just stating that there is no such thing as FAA Approve sUAS Strobe lights... they can put whatever they want on their website (which should be a clear indicator of their deceptive tactics etc) but that doesn't make it FACT.

Honestly we don't WANT the FAA getting involved that deeply.. for them to CERTIFY (notice I didn't' say approve) they have to go through vigorous testing and follow specific design standards (Which the FAA hasn't even created) and that's not going to make them any cheaper. Those take time and lots of $$.

The FAA merely states "Must be visible at 3 statue miles" but currently that is only required for Part 107 or COA operations. While it's a VERY smart idea to follow this Part 107 rule as a hobbyist, hobbyist do not currently have a distance visibility requirement for Night Flight.

Reactions: RodPad
I Understand -- i'm pretty sure it was the firehouse brand that someone else mentioned they were very bright, i'll be adding them to my foxtech X8

Reactions: BigAl07
I know this is probably a dumb question but do these lights interfere with the antenna on the legs of the drone.I know everybody uses them but I just wanted to find out before I buy them. Thanks for your advice

I know this is probably a dumb question but do these lights interfere with the antenna on the legs of the drone.I know everybody uses them but I just wanted to find out before I buy them. Thanks for your advice
I put mine right on top. I've seen where there is a part available for attaching to the leg, but I haven't read of any issues with that location.

Thank You to everyone for your suggestions and links and help choosing the strobes I want. I went with the FireHouse.
41r0UMep6PL.jpg

Try Flytron.com, I’ve purchased strobes from them, white, red, green and blue available. They are outside the US, but they make quality strobes. They even put clear shrink wrap over them to protect electronics, very small, bright, and lightweight

Attachments

• AEFC54BB-4997-48DB-B9BF-C4433FDDCC60.png
    AEFC54BB-4997-48DB-B9BF-C4433FDDCC60.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: tleedom
Reactions: DenMac
I have thought about adding extra strobes to my P3P, but it was just a passing thought until I read through this thread.

Question - for those that have mounted strobes to the legs or underside of their drone, did it affect the video or picture quality at all?

Thanks!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic