Want More Distance?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I went back and forth with John, the owner of REXUAV. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and in the middle of building a UAV for rescue including search, hazmat identification, etc. We went over my needs and my ideas and he built an ultimate solution for My P3 design. I thought a few of you would like this product if not for distance for solid reliability. Let me know what you think! Should arrive at my house later this week. A breeze to deal with, great guy and smart!

http://www.rexuav.com/#!product-page/cg7d/b4aaec39-9c23-c582-2777-d4f1d9b97733

-Sam

First post just ordered and he named it after you.:rolleyes:

Hey guys, I went back and forth with John, the owner of REXUAV. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and in the middle of building a UAV for rescue including search, hazmat identification, etc. We went over my needs and my ideas and he built an ultimate solution for My P3 design. I thought a few of you would like this product if not for distance for solid reliability. Let me know what you think! Should arrive at my house later this week. A breeze to deal with, great guy and smart!

http://www.rexuav.com/#!product-page/cg7d/b4aaec39-9c23-c582-2777-d4f1d9b97733

-Sam

A 1/2 watt more than the fpvlr advanced kit, but that advanced kit has a special long-range antenna in the package which this does not:
http://fpvlr.com/store/product/phantom-3-advanced-antenna-kit/

Reactions: Shatty
What are you going to do about battery life? I run out of battery long before I run out of distance with my phantom 3.

That is due to your location. In our area, due to wifi congestion, we run out of distance wayyy before battery power. Of course the battery power percentage needs to be looked at closely in conjunction with the distance, altitude, and current wind speed and direction.

Bad move.... that half of watt is not really a half of watt. Its just the new model. Output is the same as the 2.5. I have the FPVLR Advanced Kit with the boosters and antenna. Its $100 more but its worth it. You are gunna regret it.

For those of you who have the FPVLR kits for the P3 what kind of increased ranges are you getting? Does it really improve line of sight issues? Does it decrease lag on the video feed? Most importantly have you noticed any negative aspects from having the kit installed? I'm on the edge about purchasing the FPVLR setup for my P3 and I was curious what kinds of results a few hundred dollars would add to my already expensive drone. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Im in Brooklyn so its populated and tight over here but when standing in the street or on the sidewalk im getting 200% better range. On my roof, 250%-300%.

Shatty you have the advanced ? Does all of the attachments stay on radio or do you have to takeoff and do you have to charge other batts often . What happens if the external batt pack dies in mid flight do you lose signal

The helical antenna's are way too directional. I would rather have the omni's with the boosters. If I want directional antenna's I'll get flat antennas.

The helical antenna's are way too directional. I would rather have the omni's with the boosters. If I want directional antenna's I'll get flat antennas.
NO they are not. Thats not true. You dont even have the kit and you are making that assumption.

Shatty you have the advanced ? Does all of the attachments stay on radio or do you have to takeoff and do you have to charge other batts often . What happens if the external batt pack dies in mid flight do you lose signal
Yes. All the attachments stay on the radio but they are detachable. The small battery never died on me. Its supposed to last for 4-5 flights. Only takes 3 hours to charge, If it dies mid flight the bird returns to home and when it gets close to you, you regain control. I forgot to turn on the battery once and I was able to fly 50 ft from it. Its a passive system

And I dont know anyone that flys their birds with their backs turned to them.

Shatty, calm it down. I ask you to please try to understand the application and geological reasons prior to getting all worked up. It's all going to be okay my friend.

Is there any advantage to using omni directional versus the helical or the other way around . Regardless you will add major distance to your bird ? I see a bunch of kits starting to pop up what the best one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers