Walkera 2d Gimbal issues - shocker

Reaction score
I know there are 1000 threads on the walkera gimbal. Mine was working flawlessly 2 years ago...and then life got in the way. Now that things have slowed down I have about 20 batteries for my little bird and my fc40 DJI Phantom ready to go. Had to reverse engineer everything I did a few years back, including adding software, firmware, getting gopro 3+ working and wifi setup, etc...

So...almost there and ready to fly.

The gimbal works....move the phantom up and down, side to side, no issues...but the lever to control the pitch up and down isn't working. Opened up NAZM and played around, but alas...nothing yet.

Any ideas on why the pitch lever on the controller wouldn't be working? Thanks again for your patience. Old guy trying to read, watch vids, and remember all the things I have long since forgotten!

Thanks,

Doug

If you've eliminated other issues (i.e. switched on gimbal control in flight assistant etc) then it may be that the potentiometer inside the transmitter (controller) has failed. They aren't the most durable item and I fitted a beefier unit off EBay to the front casing of my Tx. Not a difficult job to do and the end result is a knob (as opposed to a lever) that I can see and reach more easily than the original factory fitted unit.

If you've eliminated other issues (i.e. switched on gimbal control in flight assistant etc) then it may be that the potentiometer inside the transmitter (controller) has failed. They aren't the most durable item and I fitted a beefier unit off EBay to the front casing of my Tx. Not a difficult job to do and the end result is a knob (as opposed to a lever) that I can see and reach more easily than the original factory fitted unit.
The lever appears to be working. I can see it in the Naza software on the x1 moving flawlessly....it's just on the quad itself...some how it isn't getting the signal...I think it's either a gain issue or a switch issue.

Hi Doug, well from old guy to another I don't have experience of the Walkera gimbal so let me know what software you are using to access it's functions. They may be similar to the settings I have for my DYS 3-axis gimbal. Also look on here or YouTube for correct connections into the Nazam

Hi Doug, well from old guy to another I don't have experience of the Walkera gimbal so let me know what software you are using to access it's functions. They may be similar to the settings I have for my DYS 3-axis gimbal. Also look on here or YouTube for correct connections into the Nazam
Thanks Mouse. I have the following
upload_2017-3-7_9-0-39.png

Doug, my settings in fight assistant are as follows;

Output frequency 400Hz

Pitch F2 (1000) (-1000) (-1000)
Roll F1 (50) (50) (-10)

Auto control gain
Pitch F2 (0.00) REV
Roll F1 (2.00) REV

Manual control speed 10

Not at all sure if any of these are relevant to your Walkera gimbal but maybe give them a try?

Doug, my settings in fight assistant are as follows;

Output frequency 400Hz

Pitch F2 (1000) (-1000) (-1000)
Roll F1 (50) (50) (-10)

Auto control gain
Pitch F2 (0.00) REV
Roll F1 (2.00) REV

Manual control speed 10

Not at all sure if any of these are relevant to your Walkera gimbal but maybe give them a try?
Just tried them. No dice. For now I have the center on f2 set to 200 so it at least angles down a bit and doesnt shoot the quads prop guards in 95% of the video~ Just not sure why i can see the lever adj working on nazam. I can adjust the gopro from nazam...but can't adjust the gopro/gimbal with the lever. Mind scratchingly frustrating!

Opened the bird up and putzed around all morning and moved the wire plug in from f1 to f2 a few times and kept trying different settings. Finally - it woke up and worked flawlessly! Adjustments made, went for a great flight around the beach and back. Finally went to a friends to video his home as he sells it, etc... Great flight, lots of video...and then...it happened.

While over the water/marsh/inlet shooting the back of the house and dock, the quad started to fly out of control and head to the water quickly....seemed like a motor went. Retrieved it in about 3' of salt water, upside down - was still blinking. Actually got the gopro back and now everything is rinsed and in dry mode. Sigh. Hoping and praying for some positive outcomes.

Oh heck (or words to that effect!) After a positive outcome with the gimbal it's a real pain to hear that it ended up in water, fingers crossed you do get it up and running again - let me know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik