VPS Replacement ....

Reaction score
I am resurrecting an injured P3P that I came across. The VPS housing was smashed badly. The sole connector had a wire pulled from it. I was able to reinsert that wire and install an new VPS. The ship flies again but needs to be thoroughly tested before it will win my trust.

Anyway, I get the green VPS led fine but there is also a tiny red LED on the board of the VPS that is blinking slowly and continually.

I cannot find a shred of documentation about this and would like to know what these LEDs indicate exactly.
When I see red like this, I think 'fault' ... These are NOT the LED AC status lights on the arms btw.

Anyone up on this? Thanks ...

That would be the OFDM reciever module light.
This OFDM Module is the one attached to the VPS housing (not the one under it)? What does the red LED on the board indicated?

Thanks ...

Ok on my P3P i have just recently replaced the VPS and OFDM receiver module, now when I have the phantom turned on you have the small green light on and the other is the relinking button (it should not be flashing red unless you push it to relink).

Ok on my P3P i have just recently replaced the VPS and OFDM receiver module, now when I have the phantom turned on you have the small green light on and the other is the relinking button (it should not be flashing red unless you push it to relink).
My Bird and the RC link easily. This red LED is on the VPS circuit board (very small) and not near the black button tab on the inner side of the VPS housing.

I'm trying to figure out why it is blinking and just what it is. Are you saying this red LED indicates that the bird and the TX are NOT linking if it is blinking? Should it always be blinking (normal state)?

DJI Support response to the question "What is this red LED for ?" was "Don't worry about it, it's normal. You have voided your warranty btw."

omg

Still looking for answers. Is anyone else's P3P or P3A have this red light blinking seen through the VPS housing?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20