VPS question

Reaction score
Is it a must to have VPS switched on at all times?

Because i've flown my new P3 for about 6 times, and had VPS disabled when i'm flying outdoors most of the time and only used VPS to test its indoor flight stability yesterday, and boy, was it stable.

After reading about the ultrasonic sensor errors that some people are facing, I decided to switch it off for outdoor flights.

So, must I have it on all the time?

Is it a must to have VPS switched on at all times?

Because i've flown my new P3 for about 6 times, and had VPS disabled when i'm flying outdoors most of the time and only used VPS to test its indoor flight stability yesterday, and boy, was it stable.

After reading about the ultrasonic sensor errors that some people are facing, I decided to switch it off for outdoor flights.

So, must I have it on all the time?
If it was supposed to be on all the time, they wouldn't give you the option to turn it off :)

Reactions: Meta4
Lots of flyers have disabled it and flown happily since the P3 came out.
Blade and Ed from DJI recommend switching it off if you have a glitch with it.
If you aren't flying indoors, it's not much use for you anyway.

No -- it's okay to turn it off. The P2V+ doesn't have that sensor and it flies just fine without it.

I never fly with VPS on. This morning after takoff, the P3 started acting erratically.
Sure enough, the VPS had defaulted back to on. After landing and turning off VPS, all was fine.

I will be checking VPS Status every flight from now on.

I turned mine off after the last firmware update turned it on. Then went flying last night and noticed it had turned itself back on. I will make that part of the pre-flight checklist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.