VPS on or off

Reaction score
Is it best to turn off or leave on the VPS if I only fly out doors.

Off. There are too many scenarios where it doesn't work well outside.

Reactions: libertyflyer
I'm never near ground, except for landing/takeoff, and never fly indoors, so I leave it off on mine.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I leave mine on. Why not? I've never experienced it adversely affecting flight. Sometimes I'm lower then 10. Usually when hand catching. I can see why people turn it on and some turn it off.

Reactions: snerd
I hand catch as well and figured yeah I don't need to reach up to grab the phantom and have vps do something funky. I keep it off.

I leave mine on. Why not? I've never experienced it adversely affecting flight. Sometimes I'm lower then 10. Usually when hand catching. I can see why people turn it on and some turn it off.

I'm new to flying these and have heard a lot of people recommend to turn it off when flying outdoors. Why do you like to leave it on? Do you hand catch for landings?

I'm new to flying these and have heard a lot of people recommend to turn it off when flying outdoors. Why do you like to leave it on? Do you hand catch for landings?

Yes, I hand catch all of the time now. VPS also helps keep the P3 at the same altitude when flying under 10'. I'm almost never at 10' or less but I've also never had any issues with leaving VPS on.

Steve mine is always left on considering I always hand catch, only time I will turn VPS off is when flying over water (low flying) otherwise I just leave it on as it don't interfere at a 100m altitude.

I tend to keep mine off, i think i read somewhere that it should influence your battery time slightly positive.

Wondering what would happen if i let it ON and hover over water? (Within the VPS range ofcourse).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20